19

Alex's P.O.V

It's been 2 weeks since I heard from my dad. Harper and I are doing great. Everything is good right now and I find myself actually being happy but I should have none it was too good to be true.

What the fuck is that noise I think groaning as I roll away from my position against Harpers back. I look around and see my phone across the room buzzing across the dresser. After rolling out of bed and walking over, I pick it up to see who it is.

"Dad" the screen says causing me to grimace. I don't pick up because its 3:45 in the morning and I don't want to wake Harper up. I turn my phone off and go back to bed. When I lay down, Harper rolls over laying her head on my chest.

"Where did you go?" She asks sleepily. I bring my hand to her hair and kiss her forehead.

"Bathroom babe go back to sleep" I say lying through my teeth. I don't want to worry her, she tends to freak out when someone brings up my father. She snuggles even further into me and I hear her breath even out signaling that she has fallen back asleep. I lay awake starring at the ceiling not being able to go back to sleep. I don't know what's going to happen but I know it won't be good.

After the alarm goes off, we get up and get ready and head to school. It's lunch time when things go to shit. I feel my phone vibrating non stop in my pocket. I pull it out and see its my dad again. Harper catches a glimpse at my screen and looks into my eyes. I look back at my phone and excuse myself to answer.

Dad: Get the fuck home now.

Me: I'm at school. I will come after

Dad: Fuck school I said now I will be there to get you in 20 minutes. Be out front. He says before hanging up. Fuck how am I going to do this without Harper knowing.

I go back and sit down with my 3 favorite people.

"What did he want?" Harper asks.

"Nothing" I say no looking at her. I feel 3 pairs of eyes burning into the side of my face. Harper grabs my hand and they continue talking about the game we have tomorrow. It's been 10 minutes and I know I have to find a way to leave without raising suspicion. I get up to go to the bathroom telling Lo to come with me. Harper and Chel look at me funny and Lo gets up and goes with me. Once inside I turn to look at her.

"What's up Alex?" She asks raising an eye brow.

"My dad will be here in 10 minutes to get me. I need you to distract Harper."

"Fuck Alex you are going with him? Why man just why?" She asks, the sadness evident in her voice.

"He text me a couple weeks ago and said when he gets back I have to go home. He threatened Harper if I don't. I can't let anything happen to her Lo. I can't." I say desperately. "Are you going to help me or not?"

"Damnit Alex I don't want you to go but I will do this for you." I thank her pulling her into a tight hug.

She goes back to the table while I turn and head to the front doors. When I walk outside my dad is already there. I get in the car without saying a word shaking at what is going to happen to me when we get home.