J for Jersey

A/N: Let's pretend for this one that Jack can play football ;) *remembers second season and laughs at Jack's try-outs* And also, I have no idea of football rules but oh well... we don't need them for this one because it will make sense without them.

Kim's POV

I smile watching my best friend being lifted on top of the crowd that has formed on him. Ever since he started playing football three years ago, he got even better so nowadays he can be called the captain. Crazy, I know. But on the other side, it fits his whole character totally. I wouldn't exactly say that he needs all the attention thrown on him, but he clearly likes it. And seeing him happy is totally worth all those girls that throw themselves on him. He can't even seem to have one free minute on school without them. And yes, that sucks.

I turn around to the trio as I like to call them - Jerry, Milton and Eddie became inseparable over the years of friendship because Jack and I became closer. Well, we became closer until girls were swooning over him every hour of school. I just can't take this all the time, so I separate myself. I feel sorry for him though because I know for a fact that he's not one to just randomly date girls. But it's not like I could change anything for him.

"So, are you going to the party today?" Jerry looks kind-of-knowingly at me while I sigh heavily. All three of them know for a fact that I really like Jack, so they know what's up with me.

"Just to watch girls all over him? Nah, thanks." I smile at them even though I don't really feel like smiling. It's not a fake smile though because I like to have my friends at ease with me. They could get upset with me when they don't know that it is not because of them that I don't visit those parties.

"Maybe tonight will be different...", Milton suddenly speaks up and looks past me. I turn around to see Jack smiling at the big number of girls but slowly backing away... towards us! I can't believe it, this is a first. Of course, everyone knows that we are somewhat the Five Musketeers, but Jack is always with his team and the cheerleaders after a match, so we are always four people hanging around at parties... watching our best friend getting hit on so many times those nights.

He never even looked at us after a match because we usually disappear in the crowd for him. Understandable.

"I will get back to you ladies, but I need my friends right now", Jack smiles at those girls and even I get butterflies in my stomach. I sigh slightly so only Jerry would hear it. He knows pretty much everything about my feelings towards Jack. It was weird at first, telling him my feelings but soon enough it started to put me at an ease and I knew just then that there is a truth behind making people talk about their problems.

Jack turns around and nods to the changing room's area. He wants to talk there, that's for sure.

When we got to the now empty boy's changing room, we still are silent while sitting down - at least the four of us are, Jack is still standing next to the door. It is just too much to comprehend. Jack never talks to us after a match. Never. Until now.

"Uhm... soooo..."

I chuckle at Jerry's words and look at him. With him sitting next to me, he nudges his elbow in my side - not really hard though - and looks playfully mad. We continue to be just plain weird when we hear Jack clear his throat.

When I turn back to him, he looks at Jerry frowning. I wonder what he wants to talk about...

"What is it, Jack?"

Milton sighs when Eddie finally asks the question all of us have been dying to get answered. We really aren't mad at Jack when he ignores us after a match - we have him the rest of the week. But seeing his changed behaviour... it's weird.

"Can't I talk to my best friends without having a reason?" He looks serious. Oh well... Here goes nothing.

"Not after a match, you never do that." He looks down right after I spoke up.

"I'm sorry for that, you know it."

We sigh altogether and it catches Jack's attention.

"Look, bro, we're not mad at you for it." Jerry starts with our explanation and looks expectantly at us others. Eddie has a soft spot for him, I just know it.

"We really aren't. It's just... you never do it and this kind of freaks us out."

"We're happy though that you want to talk for us about whatever reason. We do love you." Milton looks so pleased with himself. Jack on the other side thinks hard.

"I don't know how I deserve you, seriously. I'm such a jerk whenever I have this damn jersey on. I hate it." He quietly adds this last sentence and we are shocked. To be honest, I have seen this coming. I sigh and stand up to face Jack.

"Jack, normally you're this confident jerk and I really don't like it that we have to bring up your mood now." He smirks at my comment and the boys laugh at it. Thank goodness, I cheer them up.

"You are one of the best friends anyone could wish for. We know that you don't mean to ignore us whenever you are at one of these parties or even after a match. You know we just don't fit into this world, you at least make it seem like you fit into it. We don't know how to act. It's totally fine that all of us have their own lives. Milton hangs around with our ne- intelligent people", Milton laughs at my almost-slipup, "Jerry manages to be somewhat the detention kind", he looks so proud that I would love to smack him, "and Eddie somehow comes around with the girls at our school." I pause at this while seeing Eddie blush. "I don't really know why or how but I don't want to. It's perfectly fine for you to have your own circle."

Jack looks at me intently and I feel so naked in front of him. Not physically naked, but mentally. He can read my mind just so damn well.

"And you?"

I shrug, hoping that he wouldn't notice my hurt. "I'm kind of like our glue to keep the group together because - and hopefully this won't be my death - since I'm not with the cheerleaders anymore you guys are kind of like my whole world." I cringe at my choice of words and literally feel their smirks. "Never mind what I just said, all of you are jerks."

They chuckle at my smart comeback - hello, sarcasm! - and suddenly, everything is well again. The boys talk and laugh about their silly things like all the time and I just sit next to them, not really listening to them.

But I don't care, I love those idiots so much.

And maybe, just maybe, Jack will give me his jersey to wear at one of his matches someday because he calls me his girlfriend.

But a girl can only wish.

A/N: Yes, I know. It's kind of bad, sappy - name it all. xD

Actually, I had a different idea which would have been so much longer and so... more romantic but I kind of liked it actually. Also how it turned out to be.

I love to think about their unique friendship. No matter how different those five people seem at first, they would really give everything for each other. I like how Disney made their bond so strong.

I hope, you guys won't kill me for not really making this one-shot based around Kick (although it had a pretty good amount of foreshadowing *wink wink*). :)

Stay healthy :)