background

It was a typical Thursday in November at the school that I called my home. It was a boarding school, that I had come to love over the past two years. It provided me with many amazing opportunities and maybe some not quite as amazing. Particularly the activity I was partaking in now. 

On Thursdays, I routinely spent an hour or so working on homework in the campus library and then to a certain dorm, called Smith Hall where I would meet a teacher to be tutored in Biology. Making this walk between the library and Smith was what led to my downfall. When these contiguous events became a reoccurring activity in my schedule, I started to notice a certain grey-haired girl observing me. 

She didn't approach me until my fourth Thursday doing this. I knew who she was, a  stoner,  notorious for the deliverance of drugs, any drug to anyone who wanted it. The only time I had ever spoken to her was when I bought a little bit of pot from her because my regular guy was out of town. So, when she approached me for the first time I was truly surprised. She asked a favor of me and in return, she told me, a free pack or a joint or really whatever I wanted. I wasn't an avid smoker, but some girls in my dorm would appreciate it so I accepted her offer which didn't initially sound too bad. She told me she would put some assorted drugs into a backpack which I would find under my usual seat in the library, on the following Thursday and from there I would deliver it to the boys inside Smith. I followed through as promised, and she asked to make this a regular thing, which she would pay me for.

It didn't take me that long to make up my mind.  I hesitantly accepted. For one,  I really could use the money, because my mother had cut me off after my latest test grade, and to be honest, I enjoyed the thrill. I knew that this was a bad idea, but for some reason, I didn't care as much as I should've. I viewed myself as virtually invincible. I only really had to deliver them from one side of campus to another, it wasn't that bad. 

Honestly, I didn't realize what I was until it was too late. Essentially, I was a drug mule.