The Trial Part I

I walked through the door. A fresh wave of fear hit me when I saw Mr. Howard and Mr. Prescott sitting stiffly in their chairs, looking at me with a concerned expression. I sat down in the lone chair across from them. The room was filled was a deafening silence. "Good morning, Ms. Clark" Mr. Prescott finally spoke. "Good morning, Mr. Prescott. Mr. Howard." I replied. "Ms. Clark" Mr. Howard replied curtly with a nod. "We will begin shortly, we are just waiting on a few others" he continued. I remained silent. The butterflies doing flips in my stomach made me nauseous. My hands were shaking slightly. 

The door swung open, and Mrs. Goldman, Ms. Carrigan, and Mrs. Miller walked in. They all took their seats. I knew that Mrs. Miller had to be here, but I wish she wouldn't be. I felt like I let her down. After everything, she did for me these past years. She had been a mother figure while living away from home. She squeezed my shoulder reassuringly, before crossing the room, to sit in her chair facing me. I hadn't seen her face yet until she sat down, and she looked more sad than angry. 

To say I was terrified was an understatement. They all sat across from me, silently judging, wondering how a degenerate like me could ever get into an elite, prestigious school like this  one. I could tell by the glint in their eyes, and the sneers on their faces, they had already made their minds up about me. I was going down for it, and things would never be the same.