The Other Stone

It was too hard to pinpoint where I stood with Amber. It felt like there was so much surrounding us, that having a regular friendship with her wasn't exactly possible. 

From strangers to my boyfriend's sister, to me working for her, to becoming friends, to however our relationship was defined now was a wild ride. 

She meant so much to me, after only a short time. I wanted to be able to easily turn her in but something deep inside wouldn't let me. 

I knew it was technically her fault that I was dealing with this but I made my choice to associate myself with her. 

Her personality was magnetic. You wanted to be around her even if you knew there were potential consequences. 

She had this unique energy that was infectious. Being around her made you happy. 

I cared about her and I knew that she cared about me, but just in very different ways. 

Meaning that we almost kissed last week. 

As in she almost kissed me. 

We had been slumped on the couch in my common room with The Office playing in the background but neither one of us really paying attention. 

I had remembered something and spoke up. "You're gonna have to change my day this week. I have a game on Thursday." I told her. 

She looked at me slightly annoyed. "God Parker and you waited to now to tell me?"

I shrugged. "I forgot" I admitted.

"Why did I think having you help me was a good idea?" she asked. I couldn't tell if she was being serious or not. 

"You love having me here" I reminded her. 

"You're an asshole," she told me. 

I shifted and looked up at her. "Oh yeah?" I questioned. 

She shooked her head and smirked. This was different, she was holding my gaze. I looked up at her and suddenly her lips were only centimeters away from mine. I panicked and jumped up. 

"Shit I forgot, I have a thing. See you later" I said quickly and walked out. 

I didn't really have a thing, I just couldn't stand to be there anymore. I might have wanted to kiss Amber. 

But I also might not have. To be honest, I'm not freaking out because I've thought about this before. There's something different about Amber and I guess  I find myself drawn to it. 

But I also don't like girls. I think. But this girl really can make you think otherwise huh. 

Even if I did know. Even if I discovered that Amber was, in fact, my person. I couldn't. I could never do that do Mike.

I was kinda going insane because I knew I liked boys, but I also thought that I might like girls. I could be bisexual I guess, but I've never experienced an attraction like this to someone who wasn't a boy. 

I was scared and anxious, but at the moment I had bigger issues in front of me. 

Anyway, back in real life, I had texted Amber to meet me behind the library. There was this overgrown courtyard of sorts that no one ever went to. 

She hadn't asked why she had simply replied with an "okay." I kind of liked that about her. The fact that she didn't need a reason to be there for people, she just was. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My heart was beating out of my chest as I approached where Amber was standing. She was leaning against the brick wall typing something out on her phone. 

When she noticed me coming, she put it in the pocket of her pants and looked up at me. She smiled at me. 

But it wasn't the genuine Amber Stone smile. This one looked forced. I could feel another wave of anxiety hit me. 

"Hey" I called said. 

"Hi" she replied. 

I looked up into her eyes, and for some reason, all the composure and cool that I was trying to show left me.  I was instantly taken back to that moment in my room when we had almost kissed. Had I wanted to kiss her? Judging off of the butterflies fluttering around in my stomach, it was a definite possibility.  

After what felt like a long silence  Amber finally spoke. "What happened?" she asked. 

The whole walk to meet her I been planning exactly what I was going to say in my head. But now that I was actually here,  I couldn't get the words out. I looked down, then looked back at her. "I got caught" was the only thing I managed to say. 

AN: Sorry this hasn't been updated in forever lol. I'm gonna start updating again soon tho promise!