Ghosts in the Machine

aCtIvAtE FiLe------
} Dr. Kamski Log {/// 8*12*2038///}

--rEtRiEvEiNg FiLe---

--FiLe rEtRiEvEd---

ACTIVATION CODE REQUIRED

---Enter Code---

---Ra9---

}CoDe CoNfIrMeD{ ///Welcome Dr. Celestin///}

{Activate File}

---///}FiLe AcTiVaTeD{///

An image of Dr. Kamski, her mentor, appeared on the screen before her. 

"There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to create unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul. Why is it when some androids are left in darkness, they will seek out the light? Why is it that when androids are stored in an empty space they will group together rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behavior? Random segments of code? Or is it something more?"

"When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness? When does a difference engine become the search for truth? When does a personality simulation become the bitter moat of a soul?"

///}FiLe TeRmInAtEd{///

This file he left her five days before leaving Cyberlife, though she was too distraught to watch. This file he left three years before he died. And now she was watching it two weeks after his death. His suicide. Two weeks after he had finally come back to finish his greatest creation so far. RX-800. 

Conner.