The Dream

After Conner's capture and interrogation, he had been placed in holding Cyberlife tower. Lieutenant Anderson and Dr. Celestin had decided to go visit Conner in an attempt to find more answers before Cyberlife decommissioned the RX-800. I mean Anderson was still on the case and he wanted to find out the truth. The elevator dropped them off on the  Conner's floor and Dr. Celestin put in her access code.

"Authorized entry," AMANDA stated, letting them out of the elevator and into the lab.

"Dr. Celestin," Conner greeted, staring out the window, "I was hoping to see you again, Lieutenant."

"Hello Conner," Kathryn said solemnly.

"I'm to be decommissioned soon," Conner told them, looking at the ground as his LED swirled yellow and then flickered red.

Getting right to point of their visit, Lieutenant Anderson asked Conner, "The other day at the station, you said you have dreams. What is it that you dream?"

Conner began to walk toward them quietly, LED returning to blue. This movement, causing Hank to reach for his gun.

"I see you remain suspicious of me, Lieutenant," Conner observed, LED yellow once more.

"Well, you know what they say about old dogs," Hank quipped.

"No. Not really," Conner answered, tilting his head like a puppy, "I had hoped you would come to think of me as your friend."

Conner then flipped over a Cyberlife document to its blank side and grabbed two of the pencils nearby. Placing the tips on the paper he began to draw, with the speed only an android could have. His LED flashed blue and yellow as he went.

"This is my dream," he stated as the image appeared, "You are right Lieutenant. I can not create a great work of art."

"This is the place where androids meet. Look. You can see them here as slaves to logic. And this man on the hill comes to free them. Do you know who he is?"

"The man in the dream is you," Kathryn answers him

"Why do you say that?" Conner inquired, curiosity in his glass eyes, "Is that a normal dream?

"I guess anything is normal for someone in your position," Hank grumbled.

Conner suddenly stopped, "Thank you."

Hank looked up in surprise. 

"You said someone, not something."

Dr. Celestin stepped in, "Conner. Do you know why Dr. Kamski built you?"

"No," Conner said, returning to his drawing.

"But I believe my father made me for a purpose. We all have a purpose. Don't you think Lieutenant?"

Hank merely stared at the android as he finished his drawing.

"Please. Take this," Conner said, handing the drawing to Hank, "I have a feeling it may mean more to you than to me."

"Why is that?" Anderson immediately asked.

"Because the man in my dream, the one standing on the hill, it is not me. It is you."

With those final words, the elevator doors opened to reveal two guards who would escort Conner to his execution.