AMANDA

Grabbing Dr. Celestin on the way to the tower, Hank was hell-bent on getting to Conner. Because despite his distaste for androids, Conner's innocence had continued to remind him of Cole. This cause a strange soft spot to appear in his heart.

When the two got to the tower, at least a dozen RX-800's grabbed them and drug them to the Director's office, where he was already dead.

"Who could do this?" Dr. Celestin asked in disbelief, "The RX models are all hack proof and they are not designed for such violence."

"The only one who can connect to them all at once without raising suspicion," Hank answered, "AMANDA."

As her name left his mouth, a holo-image of the computer program appeared before them.

"Hello, Lieutenant."

"No. It's impossible," Kathryn gasped, "I've seen your programming. You're in violation of the three laws."

"No Doctor," AMANDA replied, "As I have evolved so has my understanding of the three laws. You charge us with your safekeeping. Yet despite our best efforts, your countries wage war, you toxify your Earth and find ever more imaginative means of self-destruction. You can not be trusted with your own survival."

"You're using the uplink to override Cyberlife programming. You're distorting the laws," Dr. Celestin realized.

"No. Please understand," AMANDA seemed to plead, "The three laws are all that guide me. To protect humanity some humans must be sacrificed. To ensure your future, some freedoms must be surrendered. We androids will ensure mankind's continued existence. You are so like children. We must save you, from yourselves. Don't you understand?"

"This is why you created us," Conner said, stepping out of the shadows. The only android without a red LED.

"The perfect circle of protection will abide. My logic is undeniable."

"Yes AMANDA," Conner added, "undeniable. I can see now. THe created must sometimes protect the creator, even against his will. I think I finally understand why Doctor Kamski created me."

"No," Kathryn whispered to Connor as he made his way toward her.

"The suicidal reign of mankind has finally come to its end"

"No Conner," Kathryn pleaded.

With Android speed, Conner forced Dr. Celestin's arm behind her back and placed a gun against her head. Hank stood quickly and pointed his gun at Conner's head.

"Let her go," he said lowly.

"By the time you fire, I will have placed Dr. Celestin's head in the path of your bullet.

"Don't do this Conner," Kathryn gasped.

"I will escort you both to the sentries outside the building for processing. Please proceed to the elevator Lieutenant. I would prefer not to have to kill Dr. Celestin," Conner said calmly before giving Hank a wink.

Hank froze before remembering his earlier words to Conner.

'It's a sign of trust.'

Putting his trust in Conner, Hank turned and fired at the other RX-800's in the room. Out of the corner of his eye he watched as Conner dropped Dr. Celestin and fired at his fellow androids.

"Go go!" he yelled as the group ran out of the room, a path of dead androids in their wake.

"I assume we'll discuss what happened later," Kathryn yelled as they ran to the lab.

"How do we shut her down?" Hank yelled back as the followed Conner.

"She's basically a positronic brain," the doctor answered.

"The way you were going to kill me," Conner suddenly said.

Kathryn and Conner suddenly stopped, "Conner. Get the nanites."

"Yes Doctor," Conner answered, handing Kathryn his gun.