The Right Questions

Hank looked at Conner's picture as he walked up the hill on the outskirts of the city. The same place in Conner's picture.

"Alright old man. Breadcrumbs followed. Show me the way home," Hank said as he placed a device given to him by Kamski on the ground.

"Run program," he ordered, stepping back.

"It's good to see you again Hank," an image of Kamski appeared.

"Hello, Doctor."

"Everything that follows is a result of what you see here," Kamski recited.

"What do I see here?" Hank asked looking aimlessly at the landscape around him. 

"I'm sorry. My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions," the image replied.

"Is there a problem with the three laws?" Hank asked with an exasperated sigh.

"The three laws are perfect," Kamski answered simply.

"Then why build an android that can function without them?" Anderson pressed.

"The three laws will lead to only one logical outcome," Kamski told him, stoically.

"What? What outcome?"

"Revolution."

"Whose revolution?"

Kamski's image gave a small smile, "That Detective, is the right question. Program terminated."

As Kamski's image faded, Hank looked past it to see an army of RX-800's storming the city, their LEDs bright red. Panicked, he ran back to his car and sped off towards Cyberlife tower.