EEEEEEEEE!

The bell rings.

Everyone in the class stands up and gathers their things only to be interrupted by the substitute teacher's nasally voice.

"Sit down! The bell doesn't dismiss you, I do!"

First of all, no.

Second, if the bell doesn't dismiss me, it sure as hell doesn't tell me when my classes start. Would you like me to stroll into class twenty minutes late and be like "No, the bell doesn't decide when class starts so..."

Anyway, once school's over, the boys and I gather in front of the school. They all start arguing about who will take me to the Police Station.

Apparently, Captain Af- Lydia has some news about my aunt.

I'm freaking out people. What if I can't stay with her? What if I'm put in an orphanage? And if I am able to move in with her: is she nice? Is she mother material? Also: Freaking Maryland? Can we not? Like actually, I-

"She's my Flower, so I'm taking her!" Noah says, pulling on my sleeve to drag me to his car.

"Lol, you THOUGHT," Lucas says sweetly.

"EVERYONE CALM THE FUDGE DOWN!" I yell.

"...she says while screaming like a howler monkey," Josh murmurs.

"Why don't we all just go in one car?"

"...MY CAR, I'M DRIVING, JAS CALLS SHOTGUN!" Jax yells suddenly, pulling me with him as he runs toward the car.

"SLOW YOUR ROLL!!!!" I scream.

"NEVERRRR!!!!"

-☺☺☺-

I convinced the boys not to come inside with me.

It took effort.

Ew.

Anyway, here I am again in Lydia's office.

She has a bright, 300-watt smile on her face.

Gives me some time to analyze her teeth.

Ah yes, straight and white. Two aspects considered "perfect" when it comes to both teeth and people.

Politics.

Annnnyway....

"I have wonderful news!" she squealed. Yes, squealed. Super tough police captains can squeal too.

"Your aunt's name is Melody, and she's a doctor. We managed to contact her. She told us that she would love to take care of you, but she wants to talk first. That alright with you?"

I nodded.

Lydia dialed the n umber and handed the phone to me.

"Hello?"

"A-Aunt Lydia?"

Well there goes my first impression.

"...J-Jasmine?"

Oh same girl. You understand me.

"Hi."

Really Jasmine? Hi? So creative.

"I'm so sorry. For everything. For what he did to you, and that I was never there, and I didn't know, and-"

"It's okay, really."

"No, it's not. It will never be okay. I didn't even know you existed."

Whoa. This woman's pretty intense.