Operation Jacksmine

"You. Did. WHAT?!" Bhoomi exclaimed.

"I know! Ugh... I just couldn't control myself!" I groaned.

Camilla and Bhoomi sat in front of me in my bedroom, visually frustrated.

"Well... what happened after that?"

"I...uh," I stuttered.

Bhoomi was practically pulling the hair out of her head.

"Well? Go on!"

I pulled back, my stomach churning.

"I have to take a shit!" I said, clutching my stomach in pain and running to the bathroom.

"I'll...uh...just, let myself out...." I heard Jackson say.

Camilla looked horrified and Bhoomi exploded on me.

"You... you dumbass!"

I raised my eyebrows. "Wow, harsh."

She narrowed her eyes.

"You understand that everything could be awkward between the two of you now, right? I mean, you literally kissed him and then ran away yelling about poop!"

I looked dawn and chewed my lip in worry.

"Yeah, I was really hoping to avoid that part of this conversation..."

Cami took a deep breath. "First things first," she said, staring into my eyes. "Do you wantto be more than friends?"

"I-I don't know. We're so close... I wouldn't want to ruin that. And if something were to happen, all of our friends would be affected."

"So, what you're saying is you're just too scared."

I looked at Bhoomi, ready to deny it. But I realized that she was right.

My mind played memories of Jackson in my head. When I first met him, and he scared my bullies away. When we bonded in a diner and I saw the soft side of him. When I saved him from the wrath of our principal. When he caught me when I feel out of a tree. When he drove to my house just to give me a kiss on the cheek.

And then I remembered Lucas' words on the day Jax fought Mason and got suspended.

"Jackson was right. You are weak. Too weak to trust, to love, too weak to be happy. Too weak to take risks. You're guarding your heart because you're scared that people will realize that inside, you're an insecure, sad little brat, despite the brave face you put on."

I remembered thinking that Lucas was right. I was too weak to trust, to love, and to be happy. But that was the Jasmine that was unloved. The Jasmine that didn't have anyone to fight for her.

No, scratch that.

That was the Jasmine that didn't have anyone to motivate her to fight for herself.

That was the Jasmine that didn't love herself, so she couldn't love anybody else.

That was the old Jasmine.

But this Jasmine, the one that kissed Jackson, was the Jasmine that finally had everything she had always wanted.

This Jasmine had a beautiful home with a loving guardian: her long lost aunt Melody.

This Jasmine had two amazing girl friends that supported her: Bhoomi and Camilla.

This Jasmine had her childhood best friend back: Josh.

This Jasmine had a will to live because of three boys: Jackson, Noah, and Lucas.

And this Jasmine had finally decided to let people in, to overcome her untrusting demeanor.