III: you're too hard to forget

"Now I wish we never met
'Cause you're too hard to forget ."

Lex

"You are pushing and pushing and..." Juliet pointed at me so I would continue the song.

"Pushing away?" I sang with a doubt, trying to get the lyrics right.

She rolled her eyes. "Pulling, Lexie," she screamed at me. "Pulling."

"That doesn't make sense. How can you pull away?" I screamed back.

She laughed, rolling her head back like she always did. "For a poet, the imagery gives you trouble." My trouble was the language, you just wouldn't say it that way in Spanish.

I shrugged and laid down on the couch, pulling a pillow over my head, then I sang, horribly, of course. "I'm in too deep, I sold my soul. I'm out of reach and I can't let go. I'm in trouble, oh, I'm in trouble."

Juliet shook her head, and laid on the floor next to the couch, but putting her legs over it, and therefore over my stomach. I was staring at the ceiling and smiling. "I can't believe I haven't slept in almost 40 hours," I said yawning and rolling on the couch like a slob.

"That's because you refuse to sleep while the sun is still out, not even for a nap."

I threw a pillow at her and closed my eyes as a placed my hands behind my head; maybe I was indeed in need of a nap. I started to relax, calming my breath, and just before I finally drifted off to sleep, I remembered the amazing night I had. I smile was drawn on my face, and I relived the night all over again in my sleep. Those were sweet dreams.

I woke up because my phone was ringing, an All Time Low song announcing me that somebody was calling. It was on a small table and as I reached for it, I fell off the couch. Juliet was gone and there was a paper next to the phone. I made a small mental note to check it after the call.

"Hello?" I said as I picked up.

"Lex? Hi, it's me, Luke," a male voice over the phone.

"Lucas, hi. Why are you calling?" I asked rubbing my eyes. "I just having a nice nap about this pancakes of this morning."

"Were you dreaming about me?" he wondered.

"Nope," I lied biting my lip. "Just the pancakes." You are too hard to forget, I thought.

I stood up and walked up to the balcony. Since the apartment was on the tenth floor, we had a good view of downtown Los Angeles. In the balcony, I leaned against the glass door and continued talking to Luke.

"Anyways, Lex. I was wondering if you want to hang out again, with me?" he asked, and I could sense the nerves in his voice.

"Sure," I exclaimed excited. "I only hang out with Juliet during the summer, and I surely need more friends."

"Wait no...no. Not as friends. More as a hangout of more than friends."

"Lucas, we just met. Plus, I need you to explain yourself more," I said anticipating what was coming.

"I mean yes, but...I mean...do you want to go out on a date?"

I sighed. Of course I did, but I had just met him. "I repeat, we've just met, and you seem like a really nice guy. Don't you think that it is better if we start off as friends and then maybe later, we can turn in it into something more?" I asked him. There was silence on the other side of the silence; well, not complete silence, I could hear his breathing. "And I want you to understand me; I've never had a date. I mean, I don't think I ready yet. I know I am 21 but...you get me."