VI: demons hide

"Demons hide behind my back
And I can see them, one, two, three, four
Leading me to do their dirty work
Won't let them knock down my door."

Lex

We went to sleep about an hour after Luke finished singing his song. I was about to lay down on the couch when Luke asked me what the fuck I was doing, and I responded that I was going to sleep on the couch because I didn't want to intrude that much. With a smile he shook his head and guided me to his bedroom.

He lend me an All Time Low's shirt saying he no longer used it, it was black and with bleach stains. He also gave me a pair of grey sweatpants so I wouldn't have to sleep on my denim shorts. Before changing I abused of his hospitality and took a warm bath, which helped me relax and sleepy.

I took a bath in his room and he went to the guests' bathroom, because they had one of those but not an extra bedroom, unbelievable. When I came out Luke was sitting on the bed typing something on his phone, his eyebrows crunched together, and lips in a thin line.

"What are you doing?" I said, jumping onto the bed right next to him. He blocked his phone and the screen was soon black, but I caught a glimpse of the blue bird. "Ol' twitter. Never got the hang of it. I try to use, but it is not my style, as well as Tumblr."

"Really?" he said placing the phone on his night stand. "I enjoy it, but I am more of a retweeting person."

"I am into Instagram," I said pulling out my phone. "I am pretty active in my stories, although I haven't been lately."

Luke laughed nervously. "Instagram, huh?"

"Yes. Love it, but I'm not in it for the gossip."

We stayed quiet for a few seconds before I laid down next to him. He did the same, and we were head to head, just to later crawl to the pillows to get settle for sleep. He smelled like deodorant, and I smelled like soap.

"Good night," I whispered.

"Goodnight," he said and with a remote control turned off the lights. "Have a nice sleep."

I nodded and turned around so he would face my back, and he later did the same.

I woke up in the middle of the night with my heart beating rapidly and a coat of cold sweat covering my forehead; well, I wasn't exactly waking up, I was only opening my eyes, for I hadn't been able to fall asleep since we when to sleep. We went to sleep around four a.m and the clock by Luke's bed stand signaled five thirty a.m. I hadn't been able to sleep for an hour and a half.

Slowly and cautiously, I slid off the bed. My legs had to strength to support my weight and I felt as I was about to have a heart attack, so with one hand on my chest and one hand on the wall I made my way downstairs silently; but suddenly I felt it in my stomach and climbing through my throat. With shaky breaths and small yet fast steps, I ran down and out, only to puke on the beach.

I took a deep breath and cleaned the vomit on my mouth with my forearm, it was horrible. I hated when it happened. The anxiety. I hadn't taken my bed or been able to do my relaxing exercise, and there I was, puking on the Santa Monica beach. All because I wasn't sure if I had locked the door to Juliet's apartment. That was my GAD- Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

"Are you okay?" I recognized that voice. The only one of the voice of someone who didn't have a thick accent.

"Calum?" I said squinting my eyes because I had taken my glasses off. "Yes, I am." Puke climbed up again and I turned around to vomit. "Sort of," I said with hands on my knees. I stood up and turned to him again. "I will be."