VIII: best night

" It was the best night, I'm not lying."

Lex

I woke up at four just like I said I would; it wasn't that hard because I was really excited about going to Warped Tour. I had always wanted to go, but being in Mexico and all, made it difficult, and when I got to L.A. I was always busy with my papers for my VISA but Juliet had taken care of it, so it was my first free summer in the U.S.

The day before I went to sleep I even made a list about bands I wanted to see, tents I wanted to visit, and I selected to food cans I was taking to donate; I even mentally prepared myself to donate blood at the event to get my VIP passes.

I prepared the food just like I said I would. I made some snacks, and that meant fruit for the car ride and some Italian baguettes, my secret recipe, of course. Like the nice, stupid girl I was, I got them inside an old back pack that I had filled with bands pins.

At six I was already standing outside my apartment, a back pack filled with food in one hand and a small purse in the other, which contained money and the stuff I used to clean my glasses. I was about to turn on my phone to check if I had any messages from Luke but he parked right in front of me inside a Honda Fit. I hadn't seen that car at his house. Probably it was being washed.

I got inside and he spoke first. "I rented this baby just for you," he said slapping the dashboard.

"I thought you had a car," I said throwing my things to the backseat.

"I do. Mine's being fiex," he said. "But don't worry. We have to rent a car anyways, we can't keep moving in taxi cabs."

I nodded. "Fine. But I hope you didn't spend too much money on these tickets," I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"I didn't." He started the car and we started moving. "I have some friend that got them for me for free."

"And I neither want you to abuse from your connections," I whined, and I realized that made me sound like Elizabeth Bennet talking with Mr. Darcy or someone.

He laughed, his eyes still on the road but he placed on hand on my knee. "Don't worry about it. They owed me a favor."

Our car ride consisted of us singing along to the playlist I had made that included the bands we were going to see that day, the music matched my shirt actually, a Black Veil Brides shirt. Luke sang with me to most songs, to others he didn't because he claimed hedidn't know them, but for me it was ridiculous, yet I remembered those bands were pretty small.

Around 8 a.m. I took the snacks to the front and we started eating. I had bananas, strawberries, apples and grapes, and of course, some Nutella to dip them on it. What was fruit without chocolate? Nothing.

At one point Luke dipped a whole strawberry into the Nutella and it was an excessive amount of the brown mix. When he ate, some of it stayed on the nook of his lip and his chin, he tried to lick it away but his tongue would reach it.

"Hold on," I said reaching to the back to get some napkins. I did and I took one napkin in my hand. "I will clean for you. Just keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the steering wheel."

I took the napkin his face and started cleaning everything off. "Thanks, mom," he said and his averted towards me for a few seconds and they were so blue and beautiful.

"Eyes on the road," I said pinching his cheek.

"Ow," he exclaimed. "I am sorry but you are too distracting."