IV: all you tonight

"It don't matter, be combative or be sweet cherry pie
It don't matter just as long as I get all you tonight."  

Lex

When I woke up, Luke was drooling. I would have expected Luke to be gone but he was just drooling. I was trapped between his arms, closed tightly around me. I yawned and tried to wiggle out of them. At first, his grip only got tighter but after I few tries, I managed it.

I had a great sleep to be honest. Normally, when I was alone I wasn't able to sleep, because I had always slept with someone, like my sister or Juliet, and doing it alone was a nightmare to me. But then Luke spent the night with me, and honestly, it was one of the best sleeps I had ever had. He was comfortable and warm, like a bear. And with his arms around, I had never felt safer.

I went ahead to make breakfast. I mean, I couldn't have a sleepover with friends without some nice breakfast. I pulled my ingredients out of the fridge to make some scrambled eggs and fried bacon –because I was in love with bacon, especially if it was fried.

I did my best to cook as quietly as possible, but the oil didn't help once it started getting hot. Luke walked into the kitchen playing with his messy blonde curls, I turned to smile at him and continued with my cooking. He was humming one of those songs Juliet liked so much and I knew that if they met, they would be great friends, but Juliet wasn't home, I was.

"Good morning, sunshine," I sang. "Breakfast will be ready soon."

"Thank you," he said as he slipped into one of the chairs of the kitchen bar. "It smells good."

I turned over with my spatula and pointed at him with it. "That sir, is correct, because my cooking is always good."

"Except when you burn it," he laughed. "That's not good."

I raised up my spatula. "If you don't shut up, Imma throw this at you and I'm going to ruin your pretty face."

He placed his left hand under his chin and the right one next to his cheek, signaling his whole face. "You think I am pretty?" he asked as he pouted his lips.

I rolled my eyes. "I am going to burn my eggs," I said trying to focus on the frying pan.

I had left my frijoles out of the fridge yesterday so there was no need to heat. When the eggs were ready I pulled out to plate and place there the eggs, bacon and three spoonfulls of farting beans, or frijoles. I also pulled out my ketchup, because I was a weirdo that ate eggs with ketchup.

Luke made a disgust face as I mixed everything that was on my plate and I started eating. He pointed out that I was the weirdest person he had ever met, but that he loved it. I was offended. It wasn't the first time somebody said that to me. The thing with Luke was that he said it as a compliment, not an insult.

"So, is your car outside?" I asked as I swallowed the last bit of my food.

"No, it is at my rented house. We can take a cab to pick it up."

I shook my head. "You are spending too much money on me. Stop."

"Doesn't matter. I have a few gigs in August, so I will earn back all the money I am spending on you."

I stood up with my plate and grabbed his. "No. You need the money. Don't lie to me. I know small bands don't get paid that much."

He averted his eyes to the window and exhaled. "Yeah, small."