Inch by Inch

I DO NOT OWN PERCY JACKSON. IF I DID, I WOULD ADD MORE JASPER AND PERCABETH. I MEAN, EVERYONE WOULD LIKE THAT. RIGHT?

Chapter 3

Annabeth/Alison POV

I really don’t know what happened before I knew that I was a daughter and only daughter of Chaos. Some says that I really belonged here. I became the leader of Camp Battle with my second in command, Destiny. Throughout the days, we became closer. As soon as we know, we were best friends. My life became great to perfect. It was almost a year now. 10 months since I found dad. I love him and my friends, this is the camp I belong but something inside me was telling that I wasn’t meant to be here and forget. Suddenly, out of nowhere. A voice in the back of my mind

Child, wake up

Why am I going to wake up? I’m not asleep am I? The voice sounded like a goddess. This happened, I looked for Dest. She was training with a demigod named Cortez which is a daughter of Aphrodite or Venus. I shouted “Dest!” She heard me shout and ran to me. She smiled and asked what, I told her what I had heard. But before she could speak the bell rang. Dad’s voice shouted from the speaker surrounding Camp. His voice was booming with excitement. We still didn’t understand what is happening to him and as her daughter. I only became more curious. Don’t underestimate my curiosity.

“Battlers, we have been invited by the neighbouring camp with demigods tomorrow for a reunion. Please prepare for the visitation. Oh! And Ali. Please come to my office”

“There’s my cue. See you around.”

“Sure. Bye Ali” Ali, that’s my nickname. But other neighbouring camp? There isn’t another camp full of Demigods. Reunion? I guess I’ll have to find out with my PI skills. I walked with my hands in my pockets, thinking on the way. Alison De Cree. That’s me but I was still not sure. Have you ever experienced like something is missing from you but you just can’t hold on it? That was the feeling that I felt. I belong here and that’s final. I didn’t know that I was already in front of dad’s office. I knocked and opened the door, I saw father in his computer. Wearing his glasses and a hot chocolate in his hand. He was about to drink it until I came in. Typical dad. We bonded this year, we became closer than before. I smiled and took the chocolate out of his hand and drank.

“Marshmallows and didn’t even share, huh?” This is why I love him. We were always joking with each other.

“Alison, thank you for taking my drink” He says sarcastically.

“Well. What do you want to say dad?” While taking a piece of cookie at the tray. We liked Cookies and hot Choco, our personal best.

“They said that we are going to have a karaoke night at the other camp. Since you have an amazing voice—“but too bad I interrupted him.

“Dad, your joking right? I don’t sing” he laughed but got that I was serious

“Honey, I saw and heard you sing before in your cabin” I blinked.

“You were spying one me!” He did! He heard me singing ‘When your gone’. It was a beautiful song, weirdly I can relate song.

“Fine! I’ll lead the camp. But only because I don’t want to betray Camp Battle” He smiled as I took one last cookie. I kissed him on the cheek while I said Goodbye. Gods, he can be annoying sometimes. But when I looked at the cookie, a memory went back at me.

Memory

“Blue Cookie?” Memory Alison asked. Who was that boy? He looked oddly familiar.

“Come one Wise Girl! Just try it!” I did. It tasted great, familiar actually. Wise Girl? I had heard that nickname before

“This is great!” I exclaimed like I wanted more.

“See! Everything will be alright when you listen to Percy” The green eyed boy said.

Memory finished

It began to fade away. One by one, gone. What was that memory again? This is getting really creepy. I went back to the Arena and just trained with my sword. Our camp’s colour was blue and red. The truth is, I really want our colour to be orange.

“Ready to battle?” a voice behind me said. I turned around to see Destiny.

“Someone wants a challenge” I said ready in any time. Right on cue, both of our swords clashed. Her sword was about to swing to me, to that I ducked. I swung my word at her feet. She jumped and fought me. After a lot of sword clashing and defencing, I twisted her arm and pulled her sword. The next thing I knew, I was holding her sword behind her and mine at her neck. I was the most amazing sword fighter ever. We smiled at each other and laughed.

“I win” I gave back her sword. We both laughed at the same time. Before we knew it, dinner was served. All of the campers went to the Dining Room. Going any char and table they want. I sat beside Dad in the dead table. Destiny beside me. I pulled out my iPod and listened to the song ‘Count on me’. It was our own theme song. People started chattering wen the food was ready. Destiny ate her corn soup. I was eating my Lasagne. Thinking

You are finally ready, my child. Finally ready.

What was that voice?

END

Liked it? Loved it? I think I’ll update tomorrow or the next day. WG-BQ out!