My Hero Academia - Bakugou

Published: October 7, 2018

----

"No way!" I hear just as I enter the classroom. I don't pay much attention to all of the chatter but Kirishima's shout particularly gets my attention. He is holding a white, slightly wrinkled and slightly burnt envelope. It's sealed with a small cliched pink heart. "Bakugou got a love letter!"

At the sound of that, I have to chuckle. I don't know how someone as hot-headed as him can get a love letter. "Are you gonna accept?" Kirishima asks while putting the envelope back onto Bakugou's desk, "It's the only chance you have at an actual relationship."

Bakugou remains silent and with every passing second, my hearts hurts more and more. I ignore it before heading towards my desk right next to Midoriya. (A/N - Yeah in this universe Sero doesn't exist, sorry dude.)

As I place my bag onto the hook on my desk I stretch and sit down. I didn't get much sleep last night due to my terrible study habits but I guess that's fine. I pull out my phone and get ready to text an old friend from elementary school. He and I have been trying to meet up for a while now, but it's just been really hard to coordinate.

"Who was she?" Kirishima asks while slamming his hands onto Bakugou's desk. "Is she in this class? An upperclassman maybe? Someone from 1-B?"

"I'm not gonna tell you dammit!!" Bakugou shouts while raising his hand up as though he is gonna cause another explosion, but he stops himself and calms down. Odd. I don't think he's calmed down this quickly before. I wonder what he is thinking. I brush it aside since it doesn't apply to me but my curiosity is ever growing.

Then out of the corner of my eye, I see Bakugou turn around and glance at me. My immediate thought was that I should glare or argue with him but then I think that maybe he was looking at something behind me. Since I don't care enough to turn around and check I just continue texting my friend. "Oh, (Y/N) gave you the letter?"

"I did what now?" I growl as I look up from my phone once again.

"She did not give you the letter," Kirishima chuckles but walks a bit closer to me anyways. "Bakugou got a love letter, do you have any idea who it might be from?"

"Uhm," I hum and think for a second, "Maybe Ochako," I suggest but it comes off more as a question than an answer. As I look over towards Bakugou I don't see much of a reaction from him so I assume it isn't her. "Maybe...uhm...a girl we don't know? Maybe like..an old friend."

"Hahaha!" Bakugou shouts while finally snapping. I guess I hit the nail on the head. "As if I'd get a letter from someone I used to know!"

"It's fine Bakugou," I chuckle while trying to keep my calm. If I laugh I will most definitely get into a fight with this guy, not that I'm against that I'm just not in the mood. "We all have old friends, if one of them likes you then there isn't much room to get mad over."

"Goddamnit!" He shouts while slamming the note onto my desk, "You gave this to me you little-!"

"No, I didn't," I chuckle while picking it up and looking at it. "I've never written a note like this in my life."

"Yes, you did!! You gave this to me when we were kids!!"

"I didn't know you as a kid," I say while handing the note over to him. "Besides, why would you bring it to school if it's that old? Who keeps something that is this old?"

He does a sort of evil laugh before storming out of the room. I watch him leave and for a few seconds, I don't understand why he left. Then I realize things were probably awkward. I'm really bad at reading the atmosphere so it would make sense.