Chapter 1

Sophie was playing with iggy. She thought to herself, today is the day I tell Fitz. I'll tell him I like him. She went to her closet and but on a white tunic with a panakes blossom on the right sleeve, black tights, and black flats. She went down to the dining room and ate a slice of mallowmelt, told Grady and Edaline she was going to Everglen, and went to the leapmaster and leapt to the glowing gates of the mansion. Alden greeted her and told her Fitz and Biana were in the living room with Keefe playing truth or dare. She walked in just as Keefe said 'on the cheek'. They looked at Sophie, Fitz walked up to her, and kissed her on the cheek.

   "Eh! Fitz!" Sophie said.

   "Oh, come on, Foster. You enjoyed that." Keefe smirked.

   "Fitz can I talk to you? In private?"

   Fitz responded with, "Sure." They went into Fitz's room and shut the door.

   "Fitz... I... um... well you see... I... I l... like... you... like as in... a crush."

   Fitz smiled. "Oh, cool let's go play base quest." Sophie was upset but she hid it. They went to play base quest. it was now evening time, getting dark. Sophie headed home. She was right, Fitz doesn't like her. But that's okay.

(Fitz's POV)

   UGH!! I love sophie!! Why couldn't i say it!?!? I punched my pillow and Keefe walked in saying, "Wow, no need to get violent there."

   "I like Sophie, but I couldn't confess!"

   "There, there. Go over there tomorrow."

   "Yeah. Okay. Yeah, I will. Thanks, dude." I got my pajamas on and Keefe and I slept in the living room. I thought about Suphie and fell into a sleep.