Chapter 2

(Fitz's POV)

I woke up before Keefe. Usually I wake up a few minutes after Keefe. I go to the kitchen to get a bottle of youth. I look out the window. It's still dark outside. I see a face. "Sophie?" The face fades. "Gosh. I love you sophie. I wish you were here right now. But it's the middle of the night. I want to tell you that you're pretty, nice, awesome, better than Biana, heck, better than Keefe!"

"HEY!!" A voice said.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed. Keefe cracked up. Biana ran down and asked if it was me. I said yes.

Biana said, "Let's go back to sleep."

(Keefe's POV)

Biana said, "Let's go back to sleep." Was she... crying? She looked at me and looked away. She walked upstairs and I followed right after Fitz went to the living room.

"Biana? Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Just a bad dream." I touched her arm.

"What's wrong, Biana? I'm serious."

"I... I had a dr-- dream th-- tha-- that some-- someone was in h-- h-- here telling me Fitz would leave my side soon, would at stop caring for me and-- and only care about S-- S-- Sophie and th-- that no one would care about me." She said with hiccups.

"Hey. You have Fitz, always will. You have Sophie, you have Dex, me, Linh and Tam, Marella, your parents, the black swan, Sophie's parents, Dex's parents, you have a lot of people that will never leave you. If you and everyone else could stay with me when I ran off to... them... you will have everyone with you."

"Okay." She fell asleep, her head on her pillow, legs on my legs. Ugh... get your legs of me. Right now. Ew. Help. I don't like her. Help! I carefully left without waking her up. I went downstairs, only to find that Fitz was gone. There was a note on my sleeping bag and it read:

"Hey, Keefe. I left for a few minutes to tell Sophie I like her. Be back in a few.
-Fitz"

"Really, Fitz? It's midnight. He is such an idiot." I went to the leapmaster. He was gone. I say, "Havenfield," and I am in the moonlit pastures. I sneak inside from one of the windows and am attacked by... "Gigantor! I missed you, too!" He glared at me. He let me go and I ran to Sophie's room. She was hind under her blanket and Fitz was being creepy. He was saying stuff like "come out, come ooouuutt..." or "come heeeerre, sophieee..."

"Fitz, you're scaring her."

"Fitz? Keefe? Oh. WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!? IT'S MIDNIGHT!"

Fitz and I both said, "Um..."

"I like you, Sophie. I always have. You are awesome, sweet, and you never give up. Even when you die, you somehow always manage to come back to life." Fitz said. Then Sophie did what Fitz didn't. She kissed him. I cheered.

"WOOHOO!!" Grady and Edaline came rushing in cheering. "YAY!! SOPHIE AND FITZ, OUR TWO LOVE BUGS!" Edaline shouted.

   "Mom! W— we— I— NO! Um... I—um...

   "We're officially together, Soph. I love you." And Sophie and Fitz shared a kiss.