Chapter 8

(Sophie's POV)

   "So, Yeah. I can take you on a date today." Fitz said through the imparter.

   "Great!"

   "In fact, I'm on my way now! It's sunset, so why not, right?"

   "Yeah."

   "It's going to be fancy-ish, so..."

   "Greeeeaaat." I went to my closet and found the dress that was picked for Friday, but it is now Saturday. I got out the green dress and put it on.

Edaline walked in and saw me in the dress

Edaline walked in and saw me in the dress. "Sophie, darling, you look lovely." I blushed at the comment. She stepped out of the room and I went to Vertina and her face appeared.

"Sophie! You look... very nice."

"Thanks, Vertina. I was wondering..."

"Go on."

"Could you help me with putting on make-up?

"So you've finally decoded to try it, huh? Okay, first let's start with the foundation." I listened as she told me what to apply and how and within what felt like an hour, but was probably only about twenty minutes, my face looked almost as pretty as Jolie in the pictures I had seen. Jolie... mom and dad say I look like her every now and then... do I have even a slight relation-- The thought creeping up was immediately cut off by Vertina. "Now, how are we going to fix up your hair?" She seemed to ponder for a moment. "Aha! It may take some work, but... how about a braided bun?"

"I don't even know how to do a normal bun or braid. Much less both combined!" I complained.

"I will do it for you!" Edaline's voice made me jump. She came over to me and worked on the braided bun and it was done in no time.

 She came over to me and worked on the braided bun and it was done in no time

I looked at my reflection and took in everything. But then I saw Edaline crying. "What's wrong, mom?" I asked.

"You look so much like Jolie when she was a bit older than you. She was going to a dance of sorts. I guess you could call it a ball." She stopped. "I--I'm sorry. I shouldn't have--"

"Mom, it's okay. I have to go. I Love you."

"I love you, too. Have a lovely time."

*Time skip*

I was meeting up with Fitz in Eternalia-- he said that Councilor Oralie was going to host a party so this would be an amazing first date. "Why, hello! You both came! Together. As a couple. Have you kissed yet??" I blushed.

"N--No!" I said at the same time Fitz said, "We can." Making me blush even more.

Oralie giggled. "Well, come on in. the party won't come to you."

"Can it? Please, Oralie? These shoes are too painful!"

"You aren't wrong, Sophie." Fitz said. "Biana and Keefe once dared me to walk around in them , and boy was it hurtful."

"I'm not surprised they did that." I giggled. I grabbed Fitz's outstretched hand and stood up tp walk inside. This was going to be awesome.

AAAHH!!!I am incredibly sorry for the long wait!! I have been busy so I couldn't really update, you know how it is. I am very sorry.