Chapter 17 - Interview

A/N: Just wanted to give a quick heads up- we're nearing the end of the fic. We'd crossed the half-way mark a few chapters back. And as always thanks a lot to everyone who read/voted/commented- invested their time in any way, in this story. :)

---------

The aroma of freshly brewed tea is what Khushi inhaled as she woke up the next morning. Stretching her hands, she picked up her shirt from the floor and put it on. The un-tucked shirt fell a little above her mid-thigh.

She walked into the drawing room to find Arnav pouring tea in a cup.

"You made tea for me! That's a surprise." Khushi grinned, arching her eyebrows.

Arnav smiled and offered her the cup. "You say that like I have never cooked anything for you. Remember the time I made you breakfast, when you were ill."

She sat on a chair and took a sip.

Clearing his throat he began, "So... about last night..."

"Yeah... about that..." she too spoke in phrases.

Khushi knew this obligatory morning-after-sex talk was weird when the two people involved had not defined the relationship. With her and Arnav, it was weirder given that he was a spirit. But last night was so wonderful for her, she didn't want to bring up the conversation and dampen the happiness she had experienced.

"Was it... Did you... like it?"

His question took her by surprise and she giggled, "Did you not hear me shout by the end of it, embarrassingly loudly I might add."

He nodded, a smile tugging at his lips. "Right."

"Arnav," she spoke earnestly, "Last night, after a long time, I didn't feel lonely. I never really thought that I craved for companionship but now that I have it, it was blissful. I have no regrets. Do you?"

"No, of course not." He replied swiftly, "Last night was... great... more than great." The color in his cheeks was rising. "You were amazing."

Khushi looked away and took a sip of her tea, feeling giddy in her stomach.

"You seemed to be quite in charge last night, you know..." he trailed off.

Her ears perked up, "Are you asking me if it was my first time?" she asked bluntly.

"No!" he exclaimed immediately, "That's not what I was implying. Sorry if you thought that."

"It wasn't." She leaned on the backrest, pressing the warm cup against her lips. "There was a guy, a couple of years back. We dated for a few months."

"We were young and thought it was love but then life happened, pushed us in different directions, we made different choices, parted on good terms." She explained without any probing from him.

"I am sorry," there was sincerity in his voice.

"It ancient history." She then diverted her attention to him, "What about you? Given that you were a billionaire and, well..." she paused for a moment before teasing, "...average on the eyes, I am sure you must be really popular with the girls."

"Average on the eyes? Really?" He smirked to which she chuckled. He shrugged his shoulder circling back to her question about affairs, "I can't recall. But from what I have read, I was a workaholic. I doubt I had a string of affairs."

"Hopefully we'll find out soon enough," she referred to the impending meeting with Anjali two days later. "Not about the affairs. About your life I mean," she added.