Chapter 4: Abandoned

An act of horror seen, Arc Trooper Fives witnessed something horrible. General Krell punishing his Padawan Ahsoka Tano, due to her ties with the 501st, Ahsoka's cooperation is essential for Krell's master plan to work. How will this trooper deal with the news?

Fives' point of view

I'm in the shadows watching with horror. The General just injected the Commander with something, and she fell unconscious and on the ground. Krell is now kicking and punching her. I'm horrified, how can the Commander let him do this? I heard her say she new this would happen, but how dose talking with clones deserve her this? He stops and then walks away, leaving her unconscious on the ground, once I'm certain he is gone, I rush up to her.
"Commander Tano? Are you ok?" She's not responding, that can't be good. How can I get her help without getting her in trouble. All I can do is leave her hear and pray she wakes up soon. I hate to leave her like this, no wonder she is quieter and scared of him.

Ahsoka's point of view

I wake up, every muscle in my body screaming, every part of me hurts. I feel something dripping out of my mouth, blood. I taste blood. How long was I out? My head seems to be clearer than it has been, why is that? I better find my Master. I get up and then brush off my clothes. Luckily, you can't tell that I was just beat up and left on the ground for force knows how long. Umbara is a creepy planet, it's so dark, I can't see that far. I find Krell talking with Rex.
"Master." I bow my head, I'm guessing that I was out for a few minuets. But when I spoke, he sent Rex away, weird.
"Ahh, Padawan. We will be going along the main road, you shall lead the group."
"But, master, then we will have no cover. The Umbarans could easily ambush us, and then we would be sitting ducks."
"I didn't ask for your input on this matter. I'm the master your the student, so learn your place!" I shrink into my hood, Anakin never spoke to me like this. I rub my Padawan braid that's now on my wrist. I got that when I became Anakin's Padawan, now, I have a new one for being Krell's. His is not as pretty as my old one. It's just a simple strand of beads, that's grey, with a blue one on the end. I changed it because I had a new master, this is the main reason why I moved my previous one to my wrist, my Master doesn't deserve to cut off the Padawan braid that identified me as Anakin's Padawan.
"PADAWAN! Are you paying attention?!?!"
"I'm sorry master, I was just thinking."
"Child, you follow my command with no excuses and that means no changing of the plans. Am I clear!"
"Yes master Krell, I'm sorry."
"Sorry doesn't mean anything. You need to get it through that thick skull of yours. You have to grow up, you act like a child when you have to be an adult."
"I'm sorry master, but I'm only 15. My other master was also no go with formality."
"I have told you, do not talk about him anymore. I am your master, not him. So stop dreaming about your days as Padawan to the Chosen One, Force knows he only kept you out of pity. I'm trying to teach you, but your so stuck in your old ways that it's impossible. You are no longer can think you are special and your actions won't have consequences. Your aren't special because you had to get a new master, and I believe in actions have consequences. I need you to get yourself together Padawan, you keep making this harder on yourself. I need you to focus otherwise I will have to force that into you. Am I clear?!?!?!!"
"Yes master." I'm terrified.
"Now, go prepare for your mission."
"Yes master." I head away, but I run into Rex.
"Ahsoka, What was that about?"
"None of your concern CC-7567. Excuse me please, I have a mission to prepare for." I head away, but tears start to fall, so I run off to go calm myself. Why has my life gotten so messed up? How did everything get this bad? I find a tree I can hide at, I sit down and start to cry. I cry for five minuets straight when someone approaches me, it's a clone, Fives.
"Commander?!?" He rushes up to me.
"What's wrong?"
"It's none of your concern AC-5555. Just prepare for your mission." I make to stand up, but Fives stops me.
"No, I've seen the way the General treats you. You can't be ok with this, can you. I know you Ahsoka, you love to talk with me and my brothers, you never held back complaining about General Skywalker's plan, and you were never quiet and afraid. What's happened to you?" I want to tell him everything, but I can't.
"I'm sorry Fives, but I can't. If I talk to you, I will get punished. Krell just teaches differently than Anakin. I've been forced to forget about everything Anakin taught me, I've had to change the way I act, even command, I've had to change everything about myself since the council betrayed me and had me go to a new master. Fives, my life has gone to HELL in these last few rotations! There's nothing you or anyone can do about it, so just stop trying to help me. No one can, and no one will. I'm broken Fives, and there's nothing you can do. Just forget the Togruta you used to know, and just accept who I am now. Please, I have, so it's time for you and the whole 501st to for that matter. The Snippy girl you used to know, she vanished the day I officially became Krell's padawan, with no hope of going back to Anakin. I have to go before Master finds us talking, I have to prepare for the mission." I stand up and rush past fives. Hopefully he will listen to me, but I have bigger problems. I ran into my master, and he is not pleased. He knows that I've been disobeying him, so he dose something, little did I know, he is now controlling me with the force. My eyes turn to a darker shade of grey, and my orange skin dulls.