4

About a week passed, Edward was still bothering Bella even though he didn't show up

About a week passed, Edward was still bothering Bella even though he didn't show up. Jasper was still acting weird. Something was odd with them, it was like they were stone. They were always looking in our direction as if we had done something to them. Bella and I exited the house ready to head to school, ice covered the ground, "Hey Bells, be car-" I didn't finish my sentence as if on cue she slipped. I snorted helping her stand.

"You okay?" Dad asked her

"Yeah ice doesn't really help the uncoordinated," I snorted once more, causing her to push me slightly playfully.

"Yeah... that's why I had new tires put on the truck," he told us "the old ones were getting pretty bald," he kicked the tire as if to check them. "Well, I'll probably be late for dinner, I gotta head down to Masen county, a security guard at the Griffin mill, got killed by some kind of animal," he told us I furrowed my eyebrows.

"An animal?" Bella asked

"You're not in Phoenix any more girls, anyway figured I'd lend a hand," we said our goodbyes and be careful. Bella said a thank you for the tires, and we got into the car heading off to the small town high school. The day went on till I got to English. Jasper already sat in the desk next to the mine. I took a seat quietly, pulling out my things needed for the period. His side glares finally annoyed me enough. I turned to him.

"What is your problem?" I asked, causing him to look at me. The shock that I said something causing him to open his mouth then shut it again.

"I'm sorry," was all he said. His voice sounded like it was coated with a southern accent. This only added fuel to the flames of my annoyance.

"Are you though? I've been here a week and all you've done is send me side glances and glares like I've done something to you," I said annoyance clear in my voice as I stared into his face. His features softened as he looked at me.

"I am, I um..." he thought about what to say next, "I'm not that great of a people's person..." He seemed to fidget, I started to calm down as I sighed.

"I noticed," I mumbled under my breath, rubbing my face before turning to him, "I'm Lilith, Lilith Swan," I introduced myself which seemed to shock him before his expression changed to a slight smile.

"Jasper Hale," he said to me, causing me to smile at him. I turned my attention back to the teacher as she taught. She partnered us up for some assignment, and unsurprisingly with fanfiction like luck, I got Jasper. We started to work "So, why did you move to Forks?" he asked me.

"My mother, she and her husband are traveling, so my twin and I came to stay with our father," I told him, he nodded, satisfied by my answer. He started to write something down on the paper. I noticed his features, more specifically his eyes. The piercing color of gold that seemed to dance around the paper was mesmerizing. He looked back up to me, "Your brother, Edward, he was gone, why?" I asked

"He was out of town for some personal reasons," I nodded though it felt like he wasn't giving me a straight answer, I felt I shouldn't push. I looked down at the paper that she passed out seeing what he wrote, his calligraphy was captivating, most people didn't take the time to even learn to write in script. I wrote something under it. I could feel him stare at me as I wrote. "How are you liking Forks?" his accent pulled me from my thoughts as I looked up.

"Uhm... I like the green, it's very serene here, makes it easier to write music," I said smiling slightly, tucking some hair behind my ear.

"You write music?" He asks I nod, "What kind of music?" He asks me

"I guess you could call it indie-pop," I said shrugging

"I'd like to hear it sometime," He spoke looking at me with a smile playing on his lips, I rolled my eyes.

"Some time," I said, and we continue to have a conversation. Class ends, I pack my stuff up and walk with him as we talked. I looked up to see my sister and Edward in a conversation. Bella seems to ask him something that sets him off. I look up at Jasper who is looking at his brother. I speed my walking up to meet my sister. I hear him mumble something about the fluorescents and walk away from her. I glared at him as I made it to Bella. She looked confused. I sent her a look as we quietly looked in the direction of the brothers which she returned.

The rest of the day went on without any more odd situations. I exited the school, seeing my sister standing next to the truck. I turned my head to see the Cullens staring at me as I walked past. A loud honking noise can be heard. I see Tyler's blue van hurtling out of control toward my sister. I screamed about to start running toward my twin but was held back by a pair of arms. I struggled, screaming for her, tears build up in my eyes as I watched my sister freeze staring at the van. In a blink of an eye, the van was pushed back. The arms released me and I took off running. My sister sat on the floor with Edward holding her.

I sighed of relief "Bella," I said rushing her, wrapping my arms around my twin. "Are you okay?" I pulled away starting to check as I heard people around, say they are calling the police and Tyler speak apologies. A crowd built around us. We made it to the hospital with Bella trying to tell me to calm down that she is alright. I waited in the emergency room with her, Tyler in the bed next to us as he kept talking and apologizing. Dad came into the room, his eyes darting around before finally stopping on us.

"Bella? You okay?" He asked before turning to Tyler "You and I are going to talk," He said, pointing at him,

"I'm fine, dad, calm down," She said she held my still shaking hands. Tyler apologized again, "I know it's okay," She assured him

"No, it's not okay, it sure as hell not okay," Dad said

"Dad it wasn't his fault," Bella told him

"You almost died, you understand that?" Dad asked

"Yes, but it wasn't so," Bella told him, he told Tyler he could kiss him license goodbye. The door opens and a doctor walks through. He had blonde hair and the same gold eyes that the Cullens seemed to sport.

"I heard the chief's daughters were here," He said walking toward us. Dad and Dr. Cullen greeted one another and Dr. Cullen dismissed the nurse that was checking Bella's vitals. "Isabella," Bella corrects him, and he looks up from the clipboard. "Well, Bella looks like you took quite a spill, how do you feel?"

"Good," She tells him looking over to me as my hands slowly stilled. He starts to check her much like the nurse, telling her about somethings she might experience. He says she'll be fine which made me feel a lot better. Tyler starts talking once more. I let go of Bella's hand and slide the divider, effectively shutting him up. "You know it would be a whole lot worse if Edward wasn't there. He knocked me out of the way,"

"Edward? Your boy?" He asked Dr. Cullen

"Yeah, it was amazing, I mean he got to me so fast he was nowhere near me," Dr. Cullen seemed to get nervous as he looked up

"It sounds like you were very lucky," Dr. Cullen says, saying a swift goodbye and walking away. Odd, most parents would be happy to hear that their child saved someone's life. Dad told Bella to call mom while he signed some paperwork.

"You told her?" Dad shrugged, "She's probably freaking out," I followed Bella as she started walking away. I could hear talking around the corner. Bella stopped me right next to her. They stop talking looking right at us. Bella asks to talk to Edward. I step away from them sitting in a chair trying to calm my nerves. Someone sits down next to me. I turn to see Alice Cullen and her boyfriend Noah.

"How are you feeling?" Her voice chirped I shrugged looking up at my sister.

"I'll be okay," I say watching as Edward and my sister talk. Alice nodded but doesn't say anything else. I watch as Edward seems to get angrier and angrier with Bella. He finally walks away. I move to stand next to her as we watch him walk down the hall in whatever fit of anger he is in right now.