5

We got home from the hospital not too long ago

We got home from the hospital not too long ago. I couldn't sleep alone tonight, watching my sister almost get crushed to death I guess could do that. Bella allowed me to sleep in the bed next to her. I couldn't shake the feeling like something was watching us. Bella gasped awake, causing my already light sleep to break. She turns on her lamp and looked to the corner of her room. She sits up brushing her hair away as she leaned over "Bella?" I asked she looked over at me pushing her dark hair back.

"Sorry, go back to sleep," She said, laying back down, I hummed resettling myself, hoping to fall back to sleep. I fell asleep not long after, though I'm not sure Bella did. I felt someone tapping me, causing me to wake up. I looked up to see Bella. "School," I groan pulling my body up and walking to my room to get ready.

At school, Bella looked like she was in a trance. She looked at the pavement like she was expecting to relieve what had happened the previous day. I leaned against the car looking across the parking lot to see Edward, Alice, Noah, and Jasper all walking toward the bus. Alice smiled at us. My attention was caught by the hyperactive blonde that Bella called Mike standing in front of us. "Look at you, huh, you're alive," He said, putting on a weird voice. Bella laughed awkwardly looking down.

"Yeah, false alarm, I guess," She tells him looking down at her shoes. I start to find other things more interesting than this conversation.

"Yeah, um, I wanted to ask you if uh, you know it's like a month away but uh," I felt bad for this poor kid. I raised my jacket to my mouth and started to chew on the sleeve to prevent me from laughing "Do you wanna go to, go to prom, so what, what do you think?" I looked at Bella seeing that she was staring straight through this kid at Edward, who looked almost as if he was listening.

"'Bout what," I breathed in started to hold my breath to stop the laughter. I felt so bad for him.

"Wanna go? To Prom? With me?" Bella looked at me her eyes almost wide with fear. I bit my lip looking at him.

"Oh um, prom, dancing, not such a good idea for me," She said looking at me once more I chewed on my lower lip

"Mike right?" I asked he nodded, "We are going to be out of town that weekend, in Jacksonville actually," I said Bella looked relieved at the lie

"Can't you guys go another weekend?" Bella shrugged

"Nonrefundable ticket," I answered he pouted at that, Bella looked like she wanted to save his ego

"You should ask Jessica, I know she wants to go with you," He nods accepting the answer taking his leave. I look at Bella a smile spreading on my lips, "Don't you dare," I started to giggle, causing her to slap her hand over my mouth. "Shh..." she shushed I slowly got my self under control as the teacher started to call us to get onto the bus.

I walked slowly my sister next to me as I looked at the flowers. "What's in Jacksonville?" I heard Edward ask Bella pulling my attention from the flowers and to my sister and her crush. How the hell did he hear that? A hand touched my shoulder, causing me to jump and turn to see Jasper.

"Oh Jesus, you scared me," I told him

"My apologies," He said I looked back at the peonies that sat in bloom. "You like peonies?" he asked me, I smiled

"They have to be one of my favorites," He looks around picking the smallest one and handing it to me. I smile holding the small flower to my nose and inhaling its scent. "Thank you," he smiled as we started walking forward. I tucked the flower in my hair as Jasper and I held a conversation.

"What does your tattoo mean?" He gestured to the Mockingjay that sat on my collarbone.

"My freedom, as a person and a musician, I got it when I turned 16," I told him he brushed his fingers over my tattoo.

"It's very beautiful," I smiled and said a thank you. I could see Edward and Bella talking and Edward's mood shift once more.

"If your brother doesn't stop with how he treats my sister he might find he will be without fingers," I told Jasper causing him to chuckle

"Edward is used to being able to read people, but your sister is one that he can't quite get a read on. It frustrates him," Jasper told me I huffed

"That doesn't give him the right," I said, glaring into the back of his head. Jasper sighed nodding in agreement. "I'm going to go catch up with my sister," I told him smiling one last time before heading toward them. Jessica beat me there, I walked beside them as they talked, well Jessica talked and Bella listened. We walked side by side leaving the nursery. I twirled the flower in my hands.

"Bella, we shouldn't be friends," I stood between them, the glare settled on my features.

"You really should've figured that out a little earlier," Bella said, making me proud she wasn't scared to say something, "I mean why didn't you just let the van crush me and save yourself all this regret," Edward's face settled, he looked almost hurt that she would think that he regretted saving her.

"You think I regret saving you?" His voice was a little softer as he looked at her

"I can see that you do, I just, I don't know why," She spoke I raised my eyebrows. They spoke to each other like they have been dating for a year.

"You don't know anything," Edward said their conversation was interrupted by Alice.

"Hi, are you going to be riding with us?" She asked us I shook my head

"No our bus is full," Edward said

"Asshole," I mumbled only to get nudged, I accidentally on purpose, said it louder than a mumble, I looked behind Alice to see Noah and Jasper. Jasper had his usual blank look though something in his eyes seemed almost like it was smiling at me. I smirked at him before turning to my sister and grabbing her hand to pull her toward a different bus.