27

"Lilith," My name was spoken and I look up at Felix who gave me a slight smirk as we traveled through the forest in silence

"Lilith," My name was spoken and I look up at Felix who gave me a slight smirk as we traveled through the forest in silence. "We know nothing about you," He points out the obvious and I give him a look wondering if he was serious. "Aro can't read your mind, Jane and Alec's powers don't work on you. What is the mystery that is Lilith Hale?" I can feel eyes on me and I look over at Jane who watched me curiously.

"I was turned a year ago," I start looking forward, "A vampire, James, he wanted to see what my blood tastes like as he couldn't smell my scent, so he bit me. He claimed my blood was bitter, so he didn't finish me off and I turned," I pause

"Then what happened?" The ever quiet Alec asked and I looked him my eyes looking straight into his

"I killed him," While this was a stretch of the truth I knew if I told them of my sister's involvement, I would've painted a giant target on her back. The rest of our travel was silent, I know they thought of why my blood was bitter or how I could've killed someone older and more experienced than myself, but they wouldn't ask. When we got to our destination what I saw shocked me.

A child, no older than 5, feeding on a human. I stared wide-eyed, "The immortal children are quite shocking, aren't they?" Felix asked as we watched the child

"Who would do such a thing to a child?" I ask quietly

"They are as shocking as they are beautiful," Alec comments, "You're up Lilith," I furrow my brows and look to the child "Prove your loyalty," The much older vampire comments. I stare at the child contemplating my options. The child's rage freezes as it looks up at me. I click my tongue as I walk to the child.

"Oh my dear, you've made quite a mess, haven't you?" I ask the child in a slight scolding voice and squat in front of the child who giggles bringing the youth back to his cheeks. I put my hands out to him, and he walks into my arms. I hum softly as I sooth his hair looking back at the group I'd come with. "Start the fire," I mouth and continue to hum to the child. Once to fire gets going I continue to hum before moving the child out to look the child in his eyes. The red that peers back to me are cold. I stared knowing there was no point of return I tilted my head before throwing the child mercilessly into the fire. The screeching noise of his ice-cold skin lasted minutes before finally stopping. I turn back to the Volturi clan.

AUTHORS NOTE
Sorry this is late haha, had a horrible migraine that caused me to turn off my phone and laptop and lay in the pitch black most of the day. How are you guys liking the story so far?
Stay safe and wash your hands!
Jules