12

Bella and I got to the diner to meet our father

Bella and I got to the diner to meet our father. We went to walk in to be intercepted by Mike, Bella's friend, who seemed to want to chat. "Arizona's, yo what's happening," he greeted I sighed before giving him a brief smile. I looked at my sister who shrugged "So, you and Hale, you and Cullen," he spoke, giving us a look I raised my eyebrows, "That's uh, I don't like it, I mean he looks at you like you're something to eat," I snort at that statement causing him to look at me confused.

"I'm so glad we didn't ask," I said Bella's eye widen at my blunt words, giving me a look of agreement nonetheless. We walked into the diner leaving Mike with his friends and sat at the corner booth with our dad.

"Sorry we're late, biology project," Bella said

"I hope you don't mind I ordered you, the spinach salad and a burger," I smiled as Cora came placing down our meals. I picked up a fry, taking a bite of it.

"You should order one for yourself next time, cut back on the steak," Bella said

"I am as healthy as a horse," Dad responded before Cora started asking him about Waylon's case. I frowned down at my food, knowing what had happened and how I couldn't speak about it.

"So chief, boys wanna know, did you find anything down by the river today?" Cora asked I tapped my fingers on the side of my plate while swallowing a lump of guilt.

"Yeah, we found a bare human foot print, but it looks like whoever it is, is headed east, so the county sheriffs are gonna take it from here," Dad said looking at Cora and the guys at the table next to us.

"I just hope they catch 'em fast," Cora spoke somberly before walking away. I looked out the window to see Mike dancing rather inappropriately behind Bella. I scoffed at the teenage boy

"Looks like your friends are flagging you," Dad said Bella turned to see him and turned back with a horrified expression. "It's okay, you wanna go join them, I'm just gonna turn in early anyway," he finished

"Me too," Bella said

"Bella, it's Friday night, go out, what are you doing tonight Lil?"

"I have a show tonight actually at the Red Lion," I said, swallowing a bite of my food before continuing "You are always welcome to join Bella," I offered, though she shook her head and I shrugged.

"That Newton kid has a big smile for you," Dad said

"Yeah, he's a good buddy," Bella agreed

"What about these other yahoos in town, anybody interest you girls?" I paused picking up another fry to look at him.

"You want to talk about boy's dad?" I asked as he shrunk a small look of distaste on his face.

"Guess not, I just uh, feel like I leave you alone too much," Dad said Bella, responding with she likes being alone and how she's like her father that way. We finished eating with conversation before heading home. I picked up my phone sending Jasper a text asking if he wanted to come to the show tonight, to which he agreed, and I started to get ready asking Bella one more time if she wanted to come, she answered no once more. I grabbed the keys to the truck and headed for the venue. When I arrived my band was present, we started discussing the set as we warmed up to go out. The time came to head out to the stage.