7

"Hey Bella," I said, knocking on her door, she looks up at me clicking off a page on her laptop

  "Hey Bella," I said, knocking on her door, she looks up at me clicking off a page on her laptop. "Can I borrow your laptop, mine isn't turning on," I asked she nodded standing from her desk. I smiled, picking it up and thanking her as I left the room. Once I got back to my room I clicked open what she was looking at to see a book on Quileute legends and a bookstore. I furrowed my eyebrows. What does she need a book on their legends for? I did what I needed to do on the laptop, returning it. 

   The next day at school we sat outside for lunch. For the first time in the weeks we've been here it's hot and sunny. Bella was looking around, I am guessing for Edward "I don't think they are here," I said she looked at me a look of disappointment on her face.

   "They aren't here whenever the weathers nice the Cullens disappear," Jessica said to us. I played with the pieces of celery that came with lunch. 

   "What do they just ditch?" Bella asked 

   "No um, Dr. and Mrs. Cullen yank them out for like hiking and camping and stuff, tried that out on my parents... not even close," Jessica told us I took a bit of the celery as Angela sat down.

   "Guys, I'm going to the prom with Eric. I just asked him and I took control," She said excitedly a goofy smile as she gave Bella and me a hug. 

   "Told you so," I said, returning to my celery.

   "Are you sure you have to go out of town?" Angela asked we nodded Bella saying its a family thing. 

   "Okay, we should go shopping at Port Angeles before all the good dresses get cleaned out," Jessica said, the bell rings causing us to start to collect our stuff. 

   "Port Angeles, mind if we come?" Bella said causing me to furrow my eyebrows in confusion, Bella willing offering to go dress shopping? Who is she and what has she done to my sister. 

   "Of course we need your opinions," Angela said we started to head off to class. School ended and we went to a dress store. I couldn't shake this feeling that something was gonna go wrong. I just didn't know what. I sat next to my sister in the dress shop, nervously twisting my rings on my fingers as I watched Jessica and Angela tried on dresses.

   They conversed about the dresses, "What do you think about this one?" Angela asked wearing a lavender dress with a woven top. She looked in the mirror.

   "That dress is beautiful on you, Angela by far my favorite," I complimented she smiled widely at me which I returned. Jessica came running out wearing a hot pink dress that showcased a lot of cleavage. She makes a comment about how the dress makes her boobs look great. I was about to respond when a knock on the window interrupted me. I looked to see a group of boys making comments about us. A dark feeling of fear settled in my stomach. I frowned looking back at the girls. My hands started shaking as Bella and the girls talked. Bella stood looking at me.

   "You wanna come, Lil?" She asked I nodded standing, grabbing my bag, trying to calm my shaking hands. We started walking toward this bookstore Bella giving me questioning glances every now and then. I shook my head. When we made it, she asked the owner for the book. I just couldn't shake the nightmarish feeling from my gut. My fingers trembled as I played with my bag holding my key defense object. It was shaped like a cat and had holes for my fingers. We walked as the sky got darker. Bella made her way toward an alleyway. I stopped at the steps, my sister looked at me.

   "I don't think we should go that way Bells," I said 

   "It's the way toward the restaurant," I sighed gripping my the key chain tight, walking down the steps. My breathing shallowed as the guys that we saw at the dress shop saw us and started making their way down the alley. Bella looked at me, and we turned trying to move quickly away from them as they shouted from behind us. In front of us, more guys came out, their words slurring, telling us they were obviously drunk. Bella grabbed my free hand as we tried to avoid them. The men cornered us, trying to get us to join them. One tried to touch me, causing me to throw a punch with my key chain looped around my fingers. It left a bleeding cut on his cheek. He laughed touching the wound as I backed up. A guy tried to touch Bella, though she kneed him in the groin, causing him to double over. A car came into the lot scaring the men.

   The dark feeling that had sat in my gut started to dissipate when I saw who was in the car. Edward and Jasper got out, Edward yelling at us to get into the car. He didn't have to tell me twice. I grabbed Bella's hand pulling her in the direction of the silver car.  We sat in the back seat a death grip on each other's hands as we calmed down. Jasper and Edward got into the car and drove away very quickly. I looked at the plastic key chain that had blood on it. I shoved it into my bag as Bella tried to convince Edward and Jasper not to turn around and kill the boys. I looked at Jasper, whose nose was flared in anger. I held my hand out to the front, grabbing Jasper's shoulder. He looked back, his tense muscles relaxing under the touch.