close the door - Richie

Wow. I'm dating Richie! Yeah, we've been friends for 8 years. But, Richie liking someone? That sounds absurd. In middle school, he was constantly flirting with every girl who breathed in his direction. I've liked him since 6th grade and it goes both ways, according to Stan. Stan and I are really good friends, though Richie is my best friend, and he told me that Richie would flirt with other girls to get my attention. This year though, we're now seniors, he made an unintentional confession to me. Here's how it went...

FLASHBACK 4 MONTHS AGO<<<

"What the fuck, Richie?!?!", I said angry.

"What?", he asked innocently.

"Don't 'what' me! You grabbed my ass!", I said even angrier now.

"But that guy John in our science class said that's how you get a girls attention!", he shouted confused and trying to explain himself.

"What? Why would you want my attention?", I asked genuinely confused.

"Because I love you and you don't love me back!", he said and then realized what he admitted. Before he could say anything I pulled him extra close to me. I could feel his heartbeat quicken and, to be honest, so did mine.

"Richie... I love you, too", I said with a smirk on my face.

"Really? You really do?", he asked unsure.

"Really. I really do", I said with a giggle.

He took notice to the little to no space between us and looked down at my lips. I got the message and started to lean in. He did, too. Finally our lips touched and it felt like there were fireworks above our heads. He then asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes of course.

SPEED AHEAD TO PRESENT>>>

I now lay in my bed with his limbs intertwined with mine. We're just laying here, listening to each others heartbeats, him playing with the promise ring on my finger, and me playing with his curly brown hair. (yes he got me a promise ring)

"I love you more than anything else in this world, y/n. I hope you know that", he says out of nowhere.

"I love you, too, babe. Thanks for treating me so well", I say now looking into his eyes.

"It's my pleasure", he says and then connects our lips. My mom then comes barging into my room with a plate of cookies startling both Richie and I.

"I MADE COOKIES KI— oh sorry! I'll leave you two love birds alone. Don't get too close!" She says walking out. Luckily my mom and dad fully support the relationship.

They don't really care about his misbehavior as long as he treats me well. And oh how he does. He's told me how he wants the whole world to know that I'm his girlfriend and 'future wife'.

Once my mom is all the way back downstairs, we giggle and go back to kissing again. It starts to get more heated so I stop and say, "close the door", he looks at me surprised and gets up to close it. Once it's shut, he gets back on my bed but this time, inside the covers. Just so if anyone else walks in, they won't see us making out. I can't wait for what the future will bring us.