revealing - Mike

Info: Eleven and the demogorgon don't exist in this (it's just normal).

"Shit! Sorry, Will!", I said as I accidentally bumped Will's shoulder in the hall.

"It's okay, y/n", he says with a smile.
——
Those were the first words I ever said to my best friend, Will Byers. I didn't have a lot of friends but the party. Also known as me, Will, Lucas, Dustin, and Mike. Yeah, I don't really have a lot of friends that are girls but the party was more than enough and I am just as comfortable with them as I would be with any other group.

Since Will is my best friend, he knows most of my secrets. He knows my favorite junk food, bad habits, and my long lasting, giant crush on our fellow party member, Mike Wheeler.

I'm really good at hiding it but Will still found out eventually. Will was definitely a supporter of my crush on him. He said once, "You two would be a better couple than salt and pepper."

I, of course, told him that it will never happen but he always says that Mike likes me back. I mean, I wouldn't lie to Will about that kind of thing but I'm sensitive so I wouldn't be surprised if he's lying and Mike doesn't like me. To be honest, I'd be shocked if he actually did.
——
"Y/n! Get your butt in here! I have to finish doing your hair!", my mom shouted from the bathroom as I was still perfecting my makeup in my room.

"Okay, okay! I'm coming!", I yelled back. I got up from my chair and walked to the bathroom.

"Alright, do you want it curly, straight, put up, or maybe crimped if you want to do something funky?", my mom asked excitedly.

"Mom, it's homecoming, I can't look too crazy", I said with a little chuckle.

"So what'l it be?"

"I think I'll go with curly", I said a little nervously.

"Honey, what are nervous about?", she asked concerned.

"You know Mike?"

"Yeah, that dark haired boy in your little friend group?"

"Okay... please don't tell dad but I have a really big crush on him and the only other person that knows is Will. I'm really nervous because I want to ask him to dance and Will says he likes me too but I feel like he doesn't", I said out of breath at the end.

"Y/n, I've seen the way that boy looks at you. I have a pretty good feeling he likes you a lot more than you think. I notice things about you kids too you know. Did you know that he called once to make sure you were okay when you didn't go to school one day, or how he always tries to get your attention?", she said with a knowing look.

"Um, no I didn't. Do you really think he likes me, too?", I asked once more.

"Positive, and if he doesn't, then he's missing out on an amazing girl", she said strongly.

"Thanks", I said as she finished up.
——
As my mom drove me to the dance, my thoughts were racing. I was half excited and half terrified. I still wasn't sure if I wanted to ask Mike to dance.

My thoughts were interrupted though as my mom stopped at the entrance.

"Here's your stop, y/n. Knock 'em dead!", she said as I closed the door to the car. I waved goodbye and entered the doors to the gym. Holy shit, I thought as I examined the decorations everywhere. My dress was light pink with lace at the top and I had white heels on, not too high though... I'd probably break my ankles. Sadly my dress was a little too short for my liking and showed a little unwanted cleavage. Hopefully nobody notices though. It's not my fault though because my mom bought it without me there.