note - Richie

3rd Person POV
Richie and Y/N have loved each other for a long time now but they are both completely oblivious to each other's feelings for them. They love each other, but they both don't think the other feels the same.

Y/N's POV
I absolutely hate school. The only good part about it is getting to see my friends. The thing that sucks though is that none of us have fun at school. Everyone's always picking on us.

I'm in chemistry right now and I'm bored to tears. Luckily Richie is in this class with me and we sit together. We're in the middle of the class so there are people in front and behind us. I was nearly falling asleep when I felt something hit my back.

I turned around and saw Jason and Luke. Jason pointed to the ground behind me and I saw a crumpled piece of paper. Jason doesn't talk to me so I thought it was a little odd that he passed me a note.

He looked at me with a little smile on his face and nodded his head to the note.

'I like you. Meet me in the courtyard in the back when school's over for the day.
Jason :)'

I turned back around to him and gave him a thumbs up. He smiled back.

I was conflicted at first on whether I should meet him or not because I'm basically in love with Richie and he was right next to me. I just decided to meet him though because Richie will never feel the same and Richie was definitely asleep.

Richie's POV
When I heard the bell ring I was hesitant to look up for a bit but eventually I did and when I was about to talk to Y/N, I noticed she was already walking out of the classroom door. Strange... she's never that quick to leave.

Y/N's POV
I was walking out of the back doors and I saw Jason walk to the little corner by the bushes. I followed him over there.

"Hey, you said to meet you here?", I said to him as he turned around.

"Hey, Y/N. I just wanted to let you know that I think... you're the weirdest bitch I've ever seen", he said laughing. I wasn't shocked but I definitely wasn't expecting him to say that. "Aw, you thought I actually liked you because of that little note? That's sweet. Maybe I will if you give me a reason to if you know what I mean...", he said with a chuckle at the end. By this point I was sobbing and he was getting closer and closer to me.

Richie's POV
I ended up seeing Y/N turn in behind the bushes and kinda disappear for a second.

I knew I shouldn't have snooped but I wanted to see what she was doing. I got up behind the bushes and tried to listen to what was happening but what I heard made me really mad. I recognized the voice that was talking right away. It was Jason Rodgers.

"Aw, you thought I actually liked you because of that little note? That's sweet. Maybe I will if you give me a reason to if you know what I mean...", he said. That disgusting fuck. I could hear Y/N crying and what I heard next made me step in quick.

"Please, don't. Get away from me. Stop ple- get off of me!", she yelled.

I sprung up from my crouched position behind the bushes and stepped into the situation.

My anger got to me and right when he was about to say something snarky I socked him right in the nose.

"What the hell, dude?!?", Jason said from the ground.

"Stay away from her and get out!", I yelled.

"Okay, okay! Holy shit dude, you're insane!", he said getting up and then running away.

I turned around to see Y/N looking at me with an expression I couldn't read. She almost looked like she was frozen. That was until she broke down again.

"I'm so sorry, Richie. I didn't want to go in the first place because I'm basically in love with you but I knew I didn't have a chance l-like I knew y-you don't feel the same. I just thought maybe someone actually did like me. I guess all I am is just a piece of ass-", I cut her off.

"Stop! Y/N, you have nothing to be sorry about. I'm so glad that I came out here when I did because something really bad could've happened. I'm not glad that you had that happen to you but is it bad that I'm glad that he didn't actually like you?", I said nervously.

"Why?", she asked confused.

"Because I'm madly in love with you and I want you all to myself...", I said somewhat ashamed.

She lifted my chin up and looked into my eyes.

"Richie, as I said before... I love you, too", she said with a giggle. Wow. Even with tears on her face, she's still beautiful.

Y/N's POV
The ground of the school courtyard wasn't the best place to have a moment like that but it was still nice. My hand was still rested on his jaw and it kinda felt right in some way.

"Can I kiss you?", Richie asked staring at me intently. All I did was smile in response. It took him a second but eventually he leaned in and closed the small space between us.

The feeling of our lips together felt long awaited and as if it was supposed to happen.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
If something like this ever happens to you or someone you know, contact someone of authority or someone you trust at least! It doesn't matter if anything was done or not, it is still very serious and should be acted upon! Stay safe 💓