Chapter Four

It was a beautiful day outside. Perfect for a relaxing Saturday.

Yasmine locked the door to her house, letting her dad sleep in a little more. He must be tired. Her dad was announcing to the gang today that he was quitting, and was going to pick a successor.

Most people would probably think, 'He's probably going to get beat up by his gang for leaving them.' But, no. His gang was like a company. People paid them to handle certain people, and they did so. Everyone in his gang respected him, and cared as if they were family.

She stepped into her front yard, and noticed that the roses growing near the porch were withering. Because she hated the sight of that, she went into the little shed in the backyard and got out some gardening materials. Yasmine used the hose and filled up a jug of water, then, she sprinkled the water gently over the plants. She was trying not to over water them, or under water them.

When she felt all was okay, she walked out to the sidewalk, closing the white fenced door, which bordered her house.

The sunlight felt so amazing on her skin. Because she was to happy to be alive at that moment, she twirled around in her dress, and it looked like what you would see in a cheesy movie.

Yasmine walked down the block, and headed into the main square. She noticed that a new cafe had opened around the corner. The name seemed to be simple, but a little weird. 'Polar Bear Cafe' was written in a beautiful cursive on the sign. That seemed to catch her attention, and decided to stop by for a coffee or something.

The place welcomed her with a little jingle of bells that sounded whenever the door was opened.

She looked around and was pleased at the cleanness and simplicity of the cafe. The theme was a icy igloo or something, thus the name of the cafe. Yasmine was just looking around when she saw a familiar head. The man was turned away from Yasmine, triggering her curiosity even more. She'd recognize the short, dirty blonde hair anywhere.

Because the curiousity was eating her alive, she ran up to the man and stood in front of him.

Her instincts were right, it was Aaron. His blue, ocean orbs were concentrating on a book he was reading, while the other hand was holding the handle of a cup of coffee. After some moments, he finally noticed her existence.

His beautiful eyes shot up and he inhaled sharply at her presence. Was he supposed to do that? He was pretty much getting married soon, yet he was gawking at his ex. Deep down inside his heart, he knew Yasmine would remain in his heart forever.

Yasmine didn't know what to think, say, or do at his response. Her curled, chocolate hair was in the perfect condition; Not too frizzy, not to flat. Her bangs that were supposed to be clipped had started falling out because of how she ran to see if the man was Aaron.

"Take a seat," Aaron had finally managed to say. Yasmine quietly moved from her standing position, and took a seat in the dark blue chair, that went with the light blue, snowflake covered tablecloth.

Yasmine saw her reflection in the napkin holder, and took the clip out of her hair. She ruffled her hair, then ran her hands through it trying to straighten her bangs. When she was finally satisfied, she looked up and noticed Aaron staring at her with the same glint of shine in his eyes.

They had an intense stare down, changing the atmosphere completely. Yasmine's eyes, without even thinking, wandered to Aaron's lips. Oh how she missed kissing them. Craving them got the best of her, and she licked her lips unconsciously. When she noticed what she had just done, she started scolding herself. 'What was THAT?! Stupid, stupid, stupid idiot. He has a frickin' girlfriend! He's gonna get married! You are not some whore that steals away people who already love someone else!'