Chapter Eleven

*     *    *

Re-cap:

"What can I get you?"

     Yasmine had been focusing on the dishes on the wall, but when she turned to the cashier, her jaw flung open. So did the cashier's.

    "Aaron?!" she yelled in surprise.

     "Hey, Yasmine!" he greeted with a grin.

*       *       *

Chapter Eleven:

      Yasmine sipped her soda from the plastic container in her hands. "So, you work here?"

      "Part-time. I have various jobs," Aaron replied, looking up from the floor.

      "Ah, I see." Yasmine turned her head over to her best friend, Hailey, who was ordering food across the food court. Could she be any slower? It's like she was purposely torturing her by making her sit with Aaron.

      "So, what are you doing here?" Aaron asked, interrupting her thoughts.

      Yasmine picked up her shopping bags and wiggled them in the air. "Shopping," she answered, smiling. "Oh! And I got the perfect dress for your engagement."

      "Can I see it?"

      "No."

     "Why?" he whined, pouting.

     "Wait, why are you working a day before the engagement?" she asked, raising her eyebrow. Shouldn't he be planning the party with his future wife?

      "Being the enthusiastic person she is, Lily decided to finish planning and everything about a month ago. So, I have a lot of free time, and why not make money?" he explained.

       "Oh," she responded. What else could she say? It was just . . . awkward.

      "Hey guys," Hailey appeared, placing the tray of fast food on the circular table. "What were you guys talking about?"

       "Nothing," they both simultaneously replied at the same time.

       Hailey giggled, and started separating the food within each other. "I got Yasmine the salad," she placed the transparent container of salad before Yasmine, "and the cheeseburger for myself." She sat right next to Yasmine, and unwrapped her cheeseburger.

     "Are you sure you don't want anything, Aaron?" Yasmine asked, shaking her salad after putting the ranch in.

      "Yeah," he said. "I'm sure. I work here almost everyday. I'm sick of the food."

      The girls laughed. "I'd never get sick of it for sure," Hailey responded, munching on her burger. Of course, she'd never get sick of food, no matter how much she ate. Well, she didn't need to worry about weight, because her metabolism was on her side.

       Poking her salad, Yasmine looked up at her friends with a frown on her face. "I hate dieting."

       "Why're you dieting?" Aaron asked, since Hailey was too busy stuffing her mouth.

       "To fit the dress."

       "Aw, is it tight?" he teased, chuckling. He'd always been teasing Yasmine. It was just a sign of affection for each other.

        "Shut up," Yasmine giggled, smacking his arm lightly. "Well, if I want to breathe during your lovely party tomorrow, I need to stay fitter than usual."