Chapter Twenty-Four

Dear everyone, we all know I haven’t updated this story in a while. It’s been two years actually, haha. I’ve reread this story and I have seen SO many mistakes and plot holes and nothing really makes sense in this but I still don’t want to leave this unfinished so here I am, re-attempting to finish it. Please hold in the mistakes, I’m still a little fuzzy on this story as a whole.

Chapter Twenty-Four

Recap: Yasmine was trying on the bridesmaid dress for Aaron and Lily’s wedding when suddenly someone gasses her and she wakes up in a cellar. The people who kidnapped her introduced themselves as the Wells. Aaron Wells is her ex that she seems to be having resurfacing feelings for and Lily is her sister that Yasmine’s father’s been hiding for years. She used to be with James but she unexpectedly catches James and Lily together and breaks up with him. She has evidence but she doesn’t know if she should tell Aaron. All the while, she is suffering from brain cancer and refuses to take any treatments because she’s going to die anyways, right?

Lily Porter ran her hands over her white wedding dress.

            This was it. Her big wedding day was here…finally. She had ended up picking a dress over a gown. Gowns were so old-fashioned and way more harder to handle than a dress. She particularly liked her dress because she had made it specially customized for her wants. It was a little pricy, but it was her wedding so who cares?

       “Darling,” her mother said she walked into the room. She was wearing pearls and a beige dress. Everything about her was tailed to perfection, just like her daughter. “It’s time.”

        Lily nodded, grabbed her bouquet and looked at herself one last time in front of the full-view mirror before she walked into the hallway of the Richardson hotel. They were holding their wedding in the Gala Room. In the hallway, all her bridesmaids were lined up in their puffy, pink dresses and hairs all styled in the same low bun. Lily smiled.

            “Wait,” she said, “where’s Yasmine?”

            Yasmine was the ex-girlfriend of her fiance, Aaron Wells. Lily didn’t particularly like her and saw Yasmine as a foxy vixen trying to steal her man. She had properly warned Yasmine if she did anything to jeopardize their love, she wouldn’t back off. To make sure Aaron didn’t suspect anything and to wake Yasmine up, Lily handpicked her to be one of her bridesmaids. It was genius really.

            “Don’t know,” replied one of the girls. “We haven’t seen her at all, actually. I heard she went to go get the dress yesterday but I never heard from her herself.”

            Lily sighed and rolled her eyes. “I swear she’s trying to ruin this.”

            “Would you like me to call her?”

            “Yes,” Lily said impatiently. Nobody would notice one missing bridesmaid but this was her wedding and everything had to be perfect. No mistakes allowed.

            The girl reached into her pink dress and pulled out her cell phone from her breast. She pressed the phone to her ear for several moments without response and then tried again. After three attempts that lead straight to voicemail, she said, “Yasmine’s not responding.”

            Lily frowned and was about to say a lot more except her mother placed a hand on her shoulder and said, “Lily, you need to go now.” Her mother looked at the bridesmaid. “Let’s get this show on the road, ladies.”