Ballad of Blue, Aqua, and Black

This is still a rough WIP and WIP Name because this was originally going to be a pokemon fanfic with two established characters and an OC. It was going to rely heavily on the aura reading from the pokemon universe for one character, and a cave I vaguely remembered from a dream I had after watching the movie Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. 

But I decided I wanted it to be an original instead, dealing with reincarnated lovers. But since I can't use the aura reading bit, it's stalled me on what exactly to give Riley, the problematic character in question. Anyway, I've got a book dedicated to asking my original characters OC's that have some questions and answers dealing with two characters and they also appear in the snippets and scenelets book if you've not read them yet!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What would you do if you found out that you had been denied your one true love countless times because someone else loved her just as much as you did? Melody and Riley have found each other life after life and only fallen deeper in love. In their latest reincarnation—Melody is a performer for a lounge bar, and Riley is training for something he won't come clean about.

Grayson has had a hard life--dealing with an aloof mother and an abusive father. On a whim, Grayson ran away from home and has never gone back, taking to the streets and squatting in empty houses to get by. One day, after a day of short odd jobs for cash--he is heading home when he hears a woman politely turn down a man's offer to walk her home. The man turns violent and yells at the woman, triggering Grayson into putting himself between the man and the woman. After a short, one-sided scuffle, the attacker flees. The woman thanks him and asks him to stay until her employer shows up. When an elderly man in an expensive suit offers Grayson a job as the woman's bodyguard, he's stunned--but accepts. What else does he have going for him?

Grayson moves in with Melodi and takes his job as protection very seriously, but that doesn't mean they get along. Often like polar opposites, they argue and bicker like a newlywed couple about trivial things, but always make up in the end. Grayson learns early that Melody's heart belongs solely to an absent man named Riley, who when mentioned, she sings praises (sometimes literally) until Grayson loses his cool and snaps at her to be quiet. He often feels like a third wheel, despite Riley living halfway across the world-- although he has trouble admitting it—has growing feelings for his housemate. 

When Riley appears back in Melody's life as if he's never been away, he takes note of the feelings that Grayson has and calls him out on them--which of course Grayson denies. But Riley begins poking at him with questions, and statements that seem like questions but are more like hidden lessons. Melody is wrapped in a sickly sweet flurry of romance and reuniting passions--Grayson is tempted to quit his job and leave Melody behind; until Riley admits to him a dark secret he has been keeping from Melody since he met her the first time, several lives ago. 

Characters

Melody, a lounge singer. Past lives have included: Princess, Herbal Healer, traveling merchant and artist.

Grayson, bodyguard to Melody. Past lives have included: Rogue, Farmer, Blacksmith, and Guardsman.

Giovanni, an older man who moved to Grayson's town with Melody in tow to open a lounge bar.

Chante, the man who runs a theater group and regularly lets Melody audition.

Riley, a man with mysterious power and eerie knowledge of many things. Claims to be training to be a soldier of some sort. Past lives include Knight, traveling magician, a wise man, and soldier.

Claire, a friend of Grayson's since childhood.

Lance and Wanda (Grayson's Parents)