Dreams

Remember how I said I've been working on some stories for almost 10 years?
Yeah.
Meet my very first (but still in process) WIP.

I still fully intend on making this a novel, as many people have gotten behind me on it and asked for more. If you read about the accident where my friend's mother printed fliers on the back of my story I lent my friend, who proceeded to post it everywhere around the school? This was that story. This was the story that my math teacher looked for in his spare time and told me he realized why I scribbled in my notebooks like I did. This was the story I wrote on during the ACT and he came by to read what I wrote. 

This was the first time I sat down at my computer and said: "I am going to write a novel and get it published one day." Yet when I got ready to go to college I ended up taking a long unofficial hiatus from it. I still wrote snippets and remember whole scenelets, I went back and edited a few times (although I'll be frank it did nothing for it overall, it needs totally restructured and rewritten--beginning to end.) 

So it's worth sharing here.
(Rye's name is totally up in the air, he had a different name before but it was so out of place and I am not in love with it anymore so I'm looking for a new one)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Courtney doesn't remember much of her childhood, much of her life is boring and bland. But one day she wakes from a dead sleep to see that she isn't in bed but lying on a forest floor with treetops overhead. Somehow, she has been transported to another world called Erin, where elves, talking wolves, shapeshifters, and magic is real...but is dying at an alarming rate. She isn't to concerned with going home but is sure that everyone in the world of Erin has her pegged all wrong when they insist she created Erin in her childhood and is the lost princess. 

Going along with the others pleas so that she can travel and see the world--Courtney agrees to take a test out at the sea to see if she is indeed this princess they are looking for, having their word that if she is not--then they will let her stay regardless of the outcome.

Characters.

Courtney Danielle, a young woman who has always dreamed of something more. Doesn't want to return home, but to reside in the new world, she finds herself in.

Hunter—young man who is obsessed with finding the lost princess. Is what is known as a "Son."

Rem—fairy companion to Hunter.

Rah-Jhan—The last Giant Elf warrior left alive. Huge softie.

Dune—Rye's biological father and Hunter's adoptive father. Shape Changer, Mentor, Warrior. Much Daddying.

Father Leo—elder magic user, grandfather-like. The leader of Temple.

Yun—Known as a Tyro (the step before "Son"—servant to Hunter).

Mother Chacha—Co-Leader of Temple, grandmother like, elder.

Rye—Gild, son of Dune—adopted brother of Hunter. Lead Dancer of his tribe, on his way to becoming Head of the clan.

Croh (crow)—Villain. Wants to shroud the world in darkness and death, so that none will oppose his rule.