Part 7

Anko leaned in and kissed him on his masked cheek.

Kakashi's and so everyone else's eyes widened in shock. Asami immediately looked away.

"Oh Asami." Kurenai felt concerned.

"See you soon." Anko let go of Kakashi and observed Asmai's reaction before she walked away with a victory smirk on her face, feeling a sense of superiority about her success in doing what she had wanted to.

Kakashi quickly turned his head toward Asami who was looking to the other side, her black hair blocking the view of her face and so hiding her expressions.

And then, there was a really awkward silence.

Asami herself was confused at her reaction. She hadn't expected it to affect her this much. She blinked away the moisture in her eye before turning to face others.

"I've some errands to take care of." Asami stood up. "So, I gotta go now. I'll see you guys latter." She gave them the best smile she could, but the copy ninja managed to see through it. 

Asami exited the building and started walking down the street. It was late afternoon now. The recent scene was replaying in her mind over and over again. 

"What's this feeling? I shouldn't feel like that. He... he is not my boyfriend or something.. then why?" She knitted her brows together, and continued walking down the street. 

"Asami!"

She felt a hand on her shoulder and stopped walking. She turned around to find Kurenai trying to catch her breath.

"I've been following you and calling your name for last five minutes, but you weren't responding. Are you okay?" she asked, eyeing her with concern.

"Yeah. Of course, everything is okay," Asami replied.

"I don't think so." Kurenai raised her brow, crossing her arms across her chest. 

"W-what would be wrong?" Asami counter questioned, averting her eyes. 

"Is this about Anko?" Kurenai asked, making Asmai stiffen a bit.

"No," she replied, nervously waving her hands in front of her.

Kurenai sighed, knowing that she was clearly lying, but at the same time, she didn't want to force her to tell her anything.

"Here, have seat." Kurenai pulled Asami to a near by bench, and they both sat down. 

"Listen, Asami." She placed her hand over Asami's. "I'm your friend. You can trust me. You can tell me anything you want to. It will only make you feel better."

Asami stared at Kurenai for a couple of moments and then threw her arms around her neck, hugging her. "Thanks." 

"Any time," Kurenai replied. "I know you had a crush on him when we were kids, but what do you feel about him now?" she asked, as they pulled away.

"I.. don't know," Asami replied. "I just.. you know...uh."

"Hmm?" Kurenai encouraged her to continue.

"I enjoy having him around, to be with him.. and seeing Anko cling to Kakashi and kiss him made me feel very strange like.. like something had pierced my heart," she admitted, with a frown.

"Well.. I think you are probably in love with him." Kurenai giggled shortly.

"What?!" Asami's eyes widened, as she blushed.

"I'm not saying that you are definitely in love. It's just my observation. Think about it a little. You'll find out the answer on your own." Kurenai smiled, confusing the other female. 

"On my own?" 

*
*

It was night time now, and the half moon was shining in the dark sky. Kurenai had left, while Asami was still aimlessly wandering through the streets.

She wasn't feeling like going home. The streets were empty, and she was enjoying this silence and the cool night breeze. 

"You should be home at this time."

Asami stopped when she heard a familiar voice. She turned her head and found Kakashi standing in the alley she had just passed by.