Part 18

(I accidentally repeated a part of the previous chapter here. You can skip to Part 19)

"Yes! I'm lying! So what?!" Asami yelled, staring at him. "You lied to me too."

Kakashi was taken aback by her outburst. He had never seen her like this before.

"Me?" he murmured, not believing his ears. When did he lie to her.

"Yes, you.. you lied," Asami said, her voice now low and soft, as tears started gathering at the corners of her eyes, not daring to escape and clouding her vision. Kakashi just stood there stunned, staring at her and unable to say a word.

"You told me that you two are just friends, but then.. you two.. you two k-kissed." Her voice cracked at the last part, as tears now left both of her eyes, slipping out and rolling down her face, but she couldn't care less at the moment.

Kakashi's eye was wide open, as he realized who and what she was talking about.

"It's not like that. There is nothing between me and Anko," he told her, slightly waving his hands in denial.

"It's like that, Kakashi. It is like that. You don't need to hide it." She looked at him with her teary eyes that cracked his heart.

"You are getting the wrong idea," he defended and took a step toward her. This made her take a step back, her back touching the cold cement wall again.

The clouds in the sky continued their journey too and moved again, blocking the moonlight and leaving the two standing in the dark.

"I.. I saw it with my own eyes. It's really okay, Kakashi. It's your life. You can do whatever.. you want. You.. can be with whomever you want," she continued in her shaky voice, as if trying to convince her own self.

"Listen-" he tried to justify but was cut off again.

"No, Kakashi. You don't need to defend yourself. It is y-your life. Who am I-I to interfere? You.. don't have to explain.. anything to me." Her lower lip quivered, as a sob escaped her lips. She didn't do anything to control the shakes that wavered her body, and didn't attempt to stop herself from crying. She just wanted to let it all out. She couldn't live anymore with her chest heavy by all that was buried inside her heart.

"Asami.." Kakashi's eye softened, as he leaned closer to her.

"Y-You don't need to s-say anything. I-I know.. I shouldn't react like this. But I.. I can't help it .. Seeing you.. k-kiss someone else.. it just.. it just broke my heart," she blurted out in between sobs, looking down at her feet with tears streaming down her face, and not realizing what exactly she was saying.

Kakashi's eye was wide after hearing her words. He seemed to labour to understand what he had just heard. Puzzle pieces began to join in his mind, as he started grasping the situation. It took him a few moments, but then a smile made its way to his masked lips.

Understanding what this was all about, he stared at her, smiling beneath his mask, as Asami closed her eyes and wiped her cheeks with the back of her hands.

"Calm down, Asami," he whispered in a soothing voice, and placed his hands on her trembling shoulders, but she continued crying.

"I don't know why I'm crying. I'm sorry for being pathetic. I-I wish you.. and Anko good luck." She whimpered, as she closed her eyes and started rubbing them. They were starting to get itchy and were stinging.

"Will you stop saying that?" Kakashi tried to reason with her, but she wasn't listening to him.

"A-Anko.. She's a n-nice person." She continued ignoring him. He sighed, as he removed his hands from her shoulders.

"You t-two will m-make a perfect-"

Asami couldn't complete her sentence when everything around her went still m.. everything stopped.. everything.

Why was that?

What was happening?

Her eyes shot open, and body paralyzed. It all happened so fast that it took her moments to realize that

he

was

kissing

her.

A/N;
Yo peeps!
So how was it?!
Share your thoughts ^^
And you're always welcome to share your ideas!
Vote if you like please :3
Have a good day /night <3