1 - Raver

~Y/N's POV~

My focus was originally on the corset that my mom forced me into. Although it was out of date by many years, she still believed that I should be extra skinny and have the tiniest waist for a man. She wasn't going to be satisfied until a man would marry and give me a family, as well as some riches.

As we walked to get somewhere - I don't know where, my mother just pulls me along - she kept correcting my posture and how I walked. The shoes were too small, everything too tight, and I was sweating like a pig.

As we came down the street there was a man who stood on the corner, a sign in one hand and his other hand cranking at a box. His atire was slightly dirty, a few music sounds coming from his crank-box.

He had stringy, black, long, hair and blue eyes that seemed like they could kill some one if need be. His makeup was unusual, black and red paints on his face.

My mother scoffed at the man but I was intrigued. My mother grabbed my arm, "He is only speaking nonsense. Don't fall for it, you'll get nowhere in life and we have better things to do. He's disgusting! You're a young lady now. We need to find you a suitor."

I crained my neck to look back at him as mother pulled my wrists to keep me along. He had dropped the sign he was holding and two men were beating him up! They were hurting him! I pulled against my mother. "I need to help him!" I struggled against her grip and her hands.

"He deserves it!" She spat as me.

My sleeve made a unpleasant riping noise, indicating the seam was breaking. I broke free from my mother, running to the man. I dropped onto the ground, lifting his head into my lap. I smoothed out his hair, gently putting my hand on his cheek. "Are you okay?"

He looked dazed and blinked his eyes a few times before responding, "I am fine."

"Y/N!" My mom screeched, grabbing my arm. "He is filthy and disgusting! I do not want you to associate with him! Such vermin in our streets!"

She pulled me away from him. She smacked me, pulling me futher and further away from him.

I looked back to see him looking at me. 'I'm sorry,' I mouthed to him. He nodded  back to me.

I waved a bye to him, bringing a little chuckle to his lips. He sighed, chest deflating, waving before turning. You watched other you shoulder as he did something. He looked at the men, something I couldn't see.

My eyes widened as I watched the men be blown back into oblivion, disintegrating into dust that was picked up by the wind.

My mother's nails dug into my chin and cheeks as she grabbed my face and moved my face away from him.

I stayed silent and when my mother noticed, she asked. "What's wrong with you? Finally come to your senses?"
"If I told you, you wouldn't believe me."
"Fess up."
"I saw the power of a inhuman creature."
"Oh great, now with these stories! Don't get all mental on me!" Mother screeched with the voice of thousands of crows.

I sighed heavily. "I won't go mental on you. I'll kill my husband and then be hung instead."
"Okay."
"ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?"
"Yes. How do you think I got your father's life insurance money?"
"MOTHER!"
"I'm joking, you know that."

"Do I know that, mother?"