7 - Too Good

Y/N's POV
It felt too good to be true.

And there the man stood, an older gentleman who absolutely towered over me. He had a warm grin and held flowers in his arm. He had a low rumbling voice and a thicker accent. I let him in and he went to hug my mother.

This was the Peter Steele man.

I was careful and cautious. This man seemed like a big teddy bear, but I was on edge. He talked about his sons. He talked about his large estate and his love for my mom. I felt that he genuinely liked my mother, but I felt worried.

Something was dangerous, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

...

"Johannes!" I called out, starting to jog over to him.

His eyes darted around for a second before spotting me. A wide grin spread across his face when I heard my mom yell, "STOP HER!"

In a couple of seconds I was getting restrained, Peter grabbing me. He had one hand around my neck. I coughed violently and gave a choked out cry. I clawed at his hands and wrists, trying to get him to stop, but he just pressed my wind pipe harder. My vision darkened and I started losing consciousness.

...

I woke up Johannes sitting on the edge of my bed. He looked surprised to see me awake. "You need to leave now. The Apocalypse isn't supposed happen soon, but you're not safe with Mr. Steele."

I sat, barely processing what he was saying. My throat hurt too much to talk. "I'm sending someone. He'll get you out of the house. He'll buy you clothes so then you can pack them and I'll be here to take you. Tomorrow night."

I just nodded, watching Johannes. He seemed stressed. I scooted to where he was sitting, laying my head on his shoulder and holding him.

I felt his head rest ontop of mine. And we stayed like that for awhile.