7. "Friends?"

A/N: I was a little surprised when I stuck to my word by posting every day.

I really liked that quote, so I put it up there. Maybe it should be something daily? or not idk.

This school year is almost over for me! I have a little over a week left, and then Summer!

I'll be consistently uploading in the summer, I'm so excited! 

Anyways, enjoy this lit long chapter :)

MACKENZIE'S POV:

"He said 'thank you' twice," Annie starts "That must mean he likes you."

"He was just thanking me, it was no big deal," I lied.

Annie and I were sitting at our lunch table, talking about Johnny. Unlike where Johnny sits, our table was usually a table of 2.

Sometimes, Annie's friend Dylan would sit with us. But not today.

I could tell Annie was a little disappointed today, considering Hayden didn't show up.

Maddie came up to me, with her friend, Kalani (idk okay). "Kenzie, mom said she'll pick us up early for an appointment."

 I was about to nod my head when I remembered that I had detention. "Uh, actually...I can't" I continued to explain "I got detention."

"Detention?! Since when did Mackenzie Zielger get detention" Maddie jokes.

"I'm hoping mom won't get too mad at me," I answer, worried.

Maddie begins to laugh, "Mad?! Mom has been waiting for you to break out of your shell. Who caused that--a certain someone?" she bugs me, referring to Johnny.

I sighed at her, smiling a little bit "Yes, it was because of Johnny."

"Hold up--" Kalani cut out, "Johnny Orlando?! The bad boy?!"

"Yeah..." Maddie responds, "Long story, I'll explain later."

Maddie and I didn't have any of the same classes since she was older. But we had the same lunch period, which was good.

After Maddie and Kalani say their goodbye's to us, I go back to talking to Annie about my relatio--friendship with Johnny.

"Kenzie! You have to talk to him again!."

I groan "Why?"

Of course, I wanted to talk to Johnny, but I doubt he wants to talk to me. I just want to have a normal conversation with him. I want to be friends with him-- or maybe even more. But that will never happen, Lauren made sure of that. Who does she think she is?! Taking my seat?!

I glance over at Johnny's table, to see him surrounded by girls. He's really popular, so every girl wanted him. Even though they know he'll break their hearts, they're still with him. It's so stupid. I'm so stupid.

"Because you like him and everyone ships Jenzie, even Maddie," Annie states.

"I will, in detention," I grin "We're working on a project together."

"Perfect. Make him fall in love with you."

It's time to man up and take Annie's advice. I'm going to talk to Johnny. 

.   .   .      (In Detention).

I relaxed on a desk at the back of the classroom, saving the desk beside me for Johnny.

I was hoping he'd show up. I mean, we do have a project to start. I waited a few minutes, to see when-- or if  he'd arrive.

I saw Johnny enter the room and stare at the seat next to me before walking over to it.