48. Epilogue

A/N: CHAPTER DEDICATED TO ALL OF YOU.

Thank you for reading this far. Even if you're reading this months from now, thank you. 

Play the song at the top, to lighten the mood for the epilogue. It's played on a loop, so the song will replay a couple times.

I worked super hard on this, so I hope you enjoy it. I'm surprised I'm publishing the epilogue on time, but I got it done on time😋

-

MACKENZIE'S POV:

(5 years later).

Johnny and I have been dating for a little over 5 years.

A lot has happened since then. Let's start from the beginning.

A few months after we started dating, a girl came to me addressing Johnny had cheated on me. As much as I didn't want to believe it was true, everyone knew it was.

We had a huge fight. We broke up. But around 2 months later, we began reconnecting again. He said sorry, and I... I forgave him. Why? Because I love him.

He'd also always think of really creative ways to beg for my forgiveness. One time, he somehow convinced Maddie to steal the Nike hoodie from my room, and give it to him. He wore it again the next day to him. You might call it cheesy, but I think it's romantic.

Even though he really didn't deserve my forgiveness after what he'd done, I still forgave him (A/N: Why can't the Kenzie in 'Divorced' be this forgiving?).

To recap the rest of the ninth grade, he cheated on me 4 times in total. I forgave him 4 times. It hurt, a lot. But I knew forgiving him was the best option. If he wasn't in my life, I'd be miserable. And no matter what, I'll always love him.

I'm surprised Johnny even passed 9th grade, since he failed it last year.

Grade 10 was perfect. Johnny never even cheated on me once, and everything just fit into place. Loren, Annie, Dylan, Lauren and I became a friend group. We'd hang out together often.

Lauren decided that she was fed up with popularity and having to be perfect all the time, so she began sitting with us. It became a regular thing after a while.

I managed to forgive Lauren for all the stuff she's done in the past, she's basically a new person now.

I wasn't bothered by the fact that Loren and Johnny have a history. Loren and Dylan both have a thing for Mark, so they'd fight over him most times. Things worked out in the end though, Loren started dating this guy named 'Hrvy'. While Dylan and Mark became a thing.

Grade 11 was fine for Johnny and I. But things got a lot worse for Hayden and Annie.

They broke up, and Annie started dating Carson only a week later. Hayden was really heartbroken. I had to take Annie's side, because she's my best friend. But I was still friends with Hayden. I mean, I had to be. It was my boyfriends best friend.

A few months later, some juicy secrets got spilled between Hayden and Annie when they went to a party and got drunk. Annie broke up with Carson, and began dating Hayden again. They always had feelings for each other.

Carson was devastated over the break-up, but got over it and went back to his playing ways. Annie and Carson are still friends, and there's no bad blood between Hayden and Carson.

After I was all finished with grade 11, I went to my old summer camp. Nadia and Ruby were there. Nadia had finally asked out her crush, Darius, and Ruby had found a guy named Asher Angel.