9. "What did I ever do to you?!"

A/N: I'm getting literally no views on this story. It's not too successful. But I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

Tomorrow is the last day or school, for me. And I'm so glad for school to be over.

I stuck with my word about putting a quote up every chapter. Enjoy the chapter!

MACKENZIE'S POV:

(Tuesday Night.)

I slept over at Annie's for today.

 Johnny and I are presenting our project tomorrow, so Annie invited me over to 'practice.'

By 'practice', I'm referring to talking about Johnny and Hayden.

Annie has been crushing on Hayden for the longest time, and it's becoming pretty clear that they'll be together soon.

"So... I have something to tell you," Annie so excitedly yells out.

I send her a smirk, already knowing it was about Hayden. "It's about Hayden and-"

I interrupt her with an "I knew it!"

She ignores what I say and continues on "It's about Hayden and Johnny."

My eyes bolt up from my boring black socks and up at Annie. What did she know about Johnny? Why did she know something about Johnny? Were they secretly dating?!

No way, Annie would never do that to me. She's the sweetest, least-fake person I've ever met.

"What about Johnny--and Hayden?" I stutter.

She chuckles a little at my response, "Johnny is helping me ask out Hayden."

I started screaming, I'm a huge Hannie fan, all I wanted for Annie was to see them together. And now Hannie is finally going to be real!

"That's amazing, oh my god, Annie," I burst out,"Hold up, aren't the guys supposed to ask out the girls. That's how it always works."

"Not this time. Now... enough about Hayden, let's get to the Jenzie gossip!" Annie responds.

I wasn't really up for talking about it with Annie. She'd make me do something I didn't want to do. Like ask him out or something crazy like that.

And we all know Johnny doesn't like me that way, right? RIGHT?! Ugh, I need help!

"You already know everything. Give me some advice."

Annie's frowns a little, concealing her white pearly teeth, "I don't really know, I never expected you to be in such an awkward situation. Just wait and see what happens, I guess?"

I frown back at her. "I was looking forward to your advice, I'm disappointed," I joked.

We both laugh and Annie goes on to talking about how Hayden probably gels his hair. 

(Wednesday Morning, the day of the presentation).

Annie woke me up a little late, so I had to change really quickly.

I wanted to wear an outfit that would let Johnny know that I am indeed a 'goodie two shoes'.