37. "And I love you."

A/N: Idk what to say lol.

( Previously:

I sat down in between Carson and Mark. Carson smirked, "you and Mackenzie have a thing?"

Hayden coughed out a "yes." I glared at him, while he apologized. "Sorry, there was something in my throat."

Idiot. )

*End of flashback*

MACKENZIE'S POV:

(Afterschool, at the police station).

Johnny locked his car, throwing his keys in his pocket. His car is really nice, it must've cost him a fortune.

"Let's go," he hurried.

We both walked into the police station. There was a reception, with several cops walking around everywhere. Johnny went to the receptionist, while I sat in the chairs outside.

He came back, with a cop right beside him. "Brandon Rowland is in this room," the cop spoke.

I got out of my seat, while all 3 of us walked and eventually, we were standing in front of a brown door.

"The cop inside there will let you in in a few minutes, see you!" The cop chatted and left right after.

Johnny leaned against the wall and began staring at me for a while. 

I was only wearing a sweater and jeans. It wasn't anything fancy. My hair was out and I was wearing some classic Adidas superstars.

I hugged my body, feeling insecure. He noticed how uncomfortable I felt, and stopped staring at my body, moving to my face.

"Mackenzie, you're beautiful. You don't have to feel insecure," Johnny assured me. He's so sweet! 

A blush appeared on my cheeks, and I awkwardly smiled.

"You know," he continued, taking his body off of the wall. "I've been meaning to ask you something for a while now."

I tilted my head, taking my hands off of my body. This time, I leaned against the wall. He scratched his neck, closing his eyes for a few seconds.

What was so important, that Johnny Orlando was nervous to tell me?

"I think I've been starting to-"

Before Johnny could finish his sentence, the door creaked open, revealing a cop.

"You two may come in now," the cop stated.

Johnny flinched a little, and ran his hands through his hair. "You can tell me later," I grinned.

He nodded. The cop flung open the door. There were tons of cops in the room. God, Brandon isn't that dangerous.

Johnny and I sat our bottoms on a table, side by side. Brandon is supposed to be seated across from us, we just have to wait for the cops to bring him in.

It's so hard to picture Brandon as 'the big bad'. He's so kind, and would never hurt anyone.

All the cops in the room were glaring at us, like we did something wrong. The room was completely silent. I cleared my throat, slumping into my seat. Well, this is awkward.

2 cops burst through the room. They were holding onto... Brandon.

He looks almost exactly the same. His jawline is sharper, and his face has grown out a bit. But I could recognize him anywhere. He was wearing the classic orange jumpsuit, chains attached to his hands. His face has several bruises and cuts on it, and part of his wrists were red.