‣ scene 27 [it's about time]

CONTENT WARNING: here it is— the promised smut! so of course, explicit sexual content. sorry this took so long. i'm not used to writing smut yet (this is my first published full-length attempt) and i was emotionally destroyed by season six of voltron :'D

————

Kiyotaka had never done anything so impulsive, and a part of him wondered what the hell had come over him, but that didn't deter him from removing his jacket and tie. He had them off and tossed into the front seat by the time Mondo made it into the vehicle and closed the door. He also took the liberty of removing one of his own shoes, and had the other halfway off, when Mondo attacked.

The trucker's first few kisses were slow and lazy and deliberate. Kiyotaka clawed impatiently at his hair and his clothes, and he grew more confident. He pulled Kiyotaka into his lap, and then they melted into one another.

It was amazing, really, how natural it felt. Kiyotaka had been nervous just a moment earlier. There was still a fluttering in his gut and his heart raced, but it was nothing but excitement now. Mondo was warm and familiar. His body was firm and welcoming, his touch inviting. Kiyotaka felt safe, even in the back of some car in the middle of the woods.

His hands tore Mondo's usual leather jacket from his shoulders and tossed it aside. The shirt he found beneath was thin and made of a cheap, stark-white fabric. It was the sort of tee that one purchased in a pack, usually for sleeping in. He raised an eyebrow.

"Shouldn't you be wearing something warmer?"

"I was takin' the night off," Mondo insisted, smirking. "Wasn't expecting ya t'call me up outta nowhere."

"Oh? But you took the time to get your leather jacket and to put your hair up?"

Mondo's smirk widened into a teasing grin as he felt at his own hair. It was pulled halfway up into a messy little bun, the way that he'd been wearing it the night they'd reunited in the noodle restaurant.

"Yeah. Because you like botha those things. Unlike you, I'm not fuckin' blind to when people are checkin' me out."

Kiyotaka blushed. He wasn't wrong about that. He removed the band from Mondo's hair anyway, as he wanted to run his hands through all of it. He carelessly slipped the band around his wrist just so that he wouldn't lose it someplace. He tangled his fingers into the rusty curls, watching them fan out over the other man's neck, just barely touching his shoulders, the tighter ringlets of the layers underneath twirling around his exploratory digits. He pulled, slightly, and gently massaged his scalp with his nails. There was a deep rumble of a sound, one that came from the back of Mondo's throat, and his lips pulled away from Kiyotaka's to attack his neck. As he had suspected, Mondo very much liked having his hair played with and pulled. There was almost no point in his having that much hair otherwise, right?

Mondo's mouth, hot and hungry, returned to his. Kiyotaka mapped out every inch of it with his tongue as the pads of his fingers finally found skin, heated and in need of touch, beneath the t-shirt. He rolled it up and over Mondo's abdomen before Mondo took the hint and removed it himself.

Mondo smiled. He knew damn well that Kiyotaka liked what he saw there. He worked hard at maintaining that kind of a figure, and it showed. Kiyotaka had hardly been able to stand it before, when he'd only been allowed to look and not to touch. It was different now. His hands explored the expanse of muscle there, writing the details of every dip and crease into his memory. Mondo patiently moved to undo Kiyotaka's buttons, allowing the other man to soak it all in. He was still absorbed in touching Mondo's chest (the nipple rings, in particular, were fascinating) when he shrugged the dress shirt off. Mondo's muffled chuckling distracted him.