Discussions Part 2

A/n: AAAAHHHHH SORRY FOR THE VERY LONG WAIT SCHOOL IS SO RUDE

(Link)

Link let Purah inside, stepping aside for her. He closed the door and sat next to her at the table. The scientist didn't usually come by for visits such as these.

  'May I ask why're you here?' Link asked her, signing.

  Purah learned a few things from Link and she grinned. "I wanted to ask you if you could be a test subject for a couple of days."

  The word test subject made him remember the time he was Zelda's little test subject; Link was still recovering from the frog he was forced to eat by the princess. He can still taste it in his mouth. He began to sign. 'For what exactly?' He asked.

  "Well, I'm testing out a few ancient-"

  (Y/n) began to whine upstairs, interrupting Purah. Link stood up and ran to the upstairs part of his house, carefully grabbing (him/her) and awkwardly cradled them in his arms.

  "Are you holding a child?" Purah asked, already upstairs. Her eyes were wide and she cleaned her glasses multiple times to make sure she wasn't seeing things.

  Link nodded, trying to calm (Y/n) down who got louder by the second. It then turned into crying. Link felt sweat in his arms and his forehead, his heart racing fast. His thoughts were jumbled and he really couldn't think straight. He knew he was going to have a panic attack and knowing that Purah was looking at him didn't help. His eyes began to sting as he saw (Y/n)'s tears.

  "Link!" Purah gripped the Champion's arms tightly, one of the village's mother's cradling and calming down the fussy baby. Link hadn't noticed when Purah went out to search for an experienced mother.

  'I can't do this, Purah.' Link signed, sniffling. 'I just can't.'

  Purah smoothed the young man's hair carefully, trying to calm him down. "Yes you can, Link. You just need to relax and don't overwhelm yourself." She softly spoke. "Parenting is a difficult thing to do, but you vowed to take care of this child correct?" Purah asked.

  Link nodded, his breathing was becoming steady now. His thoughts weren't as jumbled as before. The tears still flowed but not so much.

  "There are many women here who will be glad to help you, Link." Purah added, grinning now that Link was calming down.

  Link looked up and saw the mother cradling the little one. She looked up at him and grinned. "(She/he) just wanted a nap." She whispered loud enough for the two to hear.

  Link stood up and walked over. 'May I hold (him/her)?' He asked.

  The mother didn't understand sign language. Purah translated. "He asked if he could hold them."

  The mother nodded and showed the young man how to properly hold (Y/n), making sure to have him support their head and such.

  After giving Link some tips, the two left. "If you are having trouble, come to me anytime." The mother said and left with a soft smile.

  Link sat on his bed, holding (Y/n) close to his chest. He put the mother's instructions on a loop in his head. He was worried to say the least. But, at the same time, he felt at peace seeing the sleeping infant's face. Maybe he just needed to take things nice and slow.

(Revali)

  Revali held (Y/n) close to him, walking to the chief's platform of the village. The chief is an understandable Rito, a kind man.

  As the Rito Champion made his presence, Kaneli looked at him and smiled. "Rito Champion Revali, Thank you for coming when I know you are busy." He said.

  He seemed to be unaware of the infant. "Chief Kaneli, if I may speak with you about a certain infant." He said, obviously pointing to the child.

  "You would make a great father, Champion." Kaneli didn't hesitate.

  "I am not sure if I would." The prideful Rito admitted. "Princess-"

  "Princess Zelda has entrusted you with the Hylian baby, hasn't she?" The chief chuckled, cutting Revali off. "I know she is the only one who can convince you to do this and you had made your choice."

  Revali was taken aback for a moment and then cleared his throat. "I will do my best as the Hylian's guardian."

  "I know you will." Kaneli smiled as he watched Revali dismiss himself from the room.

  The Rito residents continued to stare at their Champion. He did not glance at them, keeping his attention in (Y/n) who was nuzzling themselves in the warmth of their clothes. He smiled and, as said before, he will do his best to be (Y/n)'s guardian, a father.

(Daruk)

  Daruk left his Divine Beast with (Y/n) in his arms. He didn't care whether or not the Chief saw his new child (and also he couldn't leave (him/her) up there again).

  "One of our fellow gorons heard crying from your beast." The Chief began. Daruk assumed he hasn't saw the child yet. "Is something wrong?" He asks.

  A soft whine came from (Y/n), arms outstretched to grab at Daruk's beard. The Goron grunts and the Chief looks at (him/her). "By the Goddesses," he gasped. "a Hylian child? Here, at Death Mountain?"

"Princess Zelda entrusted me to raise this child." Daruk said, not fazed by the child pulling at his beard. "I'm not sure how she found (him/her), but I volunteered to raise this child."

  "This is a big responsibility, but I have a feeling you'll raise..." the Chief hesitated, waiting for Daruk to give him a name.

  Daruk didn't say anything until he realized what the Chief was waiting for. "(Y/n)."

  "You'll raise (Y/n) into a fine (man/woman). You have it in you." With that, the Chief left Daruk to his own dwelling.

  Daruk felt even more encouraged to protect the child, more than ever.