AFTERMATH

EXT. SCHOOL

SCENE 8 - THE AFTERMATH PART 1

DYLAN walks to school with a dull, kind of worried expression on his face.

DYLAN (IN THOUGHTS):

I'm going to hate the eyes that will look at me, Sympathetic or not. I don't want to look like I'm injured animal. No one even notices me before. I consider myself "A Shadow" for fuck sakes! They know who I am, but I'm not a thought in people's minds. I'm a no one.

DYLAN makes it to the school, He closes his eyes, breathes in and out. Till he hears a whistle. He looks to see RITX. She has changed her look, her style, and attitude. She walks up with... the CASHIER?

RITX:

Dylan.

DYLAN:

Jenny?

RITX:

Ah ah! You don't get to call me that anymore. Tell me, how have those rumors been treating you? I don't know if you checked your social media but you did blow up.

DYLAN:

Oh because I "did something"?!

RITX:

Oh, but you did do something. Tell me Dylan,

RITX gets in DYLAN's face.

RITX:

was it worth it?

DYLAN:

Is it worth it that I flip you off and tell you to get a fucking life? You're such a pain in the ass now.

CASHIER:

Hey! Back off her you fucking animal.

DYLAN:

Yeah, and what the fuck are you doing here?

CASHIER walks over to RITX and snakes his arm around her waist.

CASHIER:

I'm her new Boyfriend, Just dropping here off. I don't think I ever told you my name. Timothy.

RITX:

Aww, babe, there is no point of getting buddy-buddy with that piece of shit.

TIMOTHY:

You're right my princess.

TIMOTHY and RITX start kissing. DYLAN, annoyed, starts walking away.

DYLAN:

I'm the animal here? Get a room you pigs!

RITX:

Why? There wouldn't be any fun.

DYLAN flips RITX off and continues to walk away.

INT. SCHOOL

SCENE 9 - THE AFTERMATH PART 2

DYLAN walks into the school, a few people stop talking as he walks by, he notices the eyes on him. He pulls his arms into his embrace as if people would notice his cuts on his arms.

He continues to walk until he is pulled in by someone into the main office. He puts his arms up in defense with a shocked expression. Soon to realize it's JOEY and PABLO.

DYLAN:

Jesus Christ... you almost gave me a heart attack!

JOEY:

Sorry! We just wanted you to get out of the open. I didn't tell people just in case you were wondering.

DYLAN:

To be honest that is surprising.

JOEY:

Why?

DYLAN:

Because you believe the rumors before and had no problem continue to spread them.

JOEY:

Look, I will say. That was shitty of me to do. I'm sorry.

PABLO:

And you are stuck with me, Dylan. I knew you couldn't be able to do something like that, you were the guy that technically got me friends and you've shown me nothing but respect.

DYLAN:

I guess I'm grateful for that. Thanks, Pablo.

To JOEY

What is the talk about me then?

JOEY:

Not good.

PABLO:

At all.

DYLAN:

Still?

JOEY and PABLO:

Still.

DYLAN thinks about it for a minute.

DYLAN:

Spread the rumor that I did try and kill myself, and that I have wounds on my wrist.

JOEY:

Dylan.

DYLAN:

No. I want them to hear it so I can hear what they say if I can. If you hear them say something. I want you guys to be brutally honest, no beating around the bush.

JOEY:

Okay, if that's what you want.

DYLAN:

It is. I'll be going to my locker if you need me.

DYLAN leaves the office and starts heading to his locker, some people stop their conversations and stare at him, whisper to each other. Some people behind him throw paper balls at him. He turns to react to them. He continues walking to his locker.

He gets to his locker as people start moving away from his locker and continue their conversations in a whisper. DYLAN grabs things from his locker and puts things into his locker as the bell rings, everyone scurries off their classrooms. As DYLAN stares off into his locker, someone goes by and nudges him harshly. He looks and shuts his locker door loudly.