Chapter 15 "I am a hostage"

Aleks P.O.V

I tried to move around, but once again, I realized that there was really nothing I could do. I yanked at my arms, only to reveal the tug of chains. I could feel the cuffs on my wrist and I can only guess that they're on my ankles too. I reduced my amount of struggling because the more I grew frustrated, the more I strained myself, the more the pain in my chest released. I once again pulled on the chains preventing me from moving my arms, but they're too strong to break lose. I couldn't see where I was, it was too dark to make out the room. It was all but pitch black, no sight of light anywhere I looked. What if this is it? I'm left here to die and rot for hell, if there even is one. What if this... Really is the end for me? He shook his head, he just needed to find out where he was and how he was going to get out. Who else had it out for him that they too would kidnap him? Maybe he wasn't kidnapped, maybe it was Kevin or one of the guys playing a joke on him. Pretty sick joke to play on him if it was too, given the circumstances. Yet, no, it couldn't be that at all, they'd never do that to him. He started to grow thirsty and hungry, wondering how long he's been tied down here, how long it has been since he's had a refreshing drink and a good meal. He tried to fight the urge, feeling weak wasn't the best idea at the moment. Aleks gave up on struggling with the chain, letting the chains support his weight to hold him while he let his body relax. Maybe he should close his eyes and go back to sleep, he thought. This could be a dream after all, one of those nightmares he'd been having recently.

Aleks shut is eyes, putting past the situation. His hopes were that he'd wake up in he bed he and Kevin shared, wrapped in his arms. Maybe he was screaming on the outside, and Kevin was holding him in his arms, rocking him, telling him everything would be okay and whispering sweet nothings to him as he tried to wake him of a terrible slumber. He began to doze off, the the sound of a creaking open door and a bright light shinning in his face kept him from it. He squinted, trying to regain his vision, only seeing what looked like shadows that stood in front of him. The figures seemed to make up that of a woman and a muscular male.

"You're awake? I thought you would still be out cold. We knocked you out pretty hard." A familiar voice said.

So that's why my head is pounding like I got a boulder straight to the skull.

Aleks still couldn't see clear enough, he was trying really hard to make out who the two individuals were. "Knocked me out?"

"Of course, how else were we suppose to get you here without you creating a chaos of sound and causing only but a difficult struggle?" She said.

"So why am I here?" I asked.

"Same reason I kidnapped you last time, Dear Aleksandr."

My heart started pounding... Last time...

The person who kidnapped me last time should be in prison... Sarah should be in prison... Only question is? How did she get out and why is she after me again?

"They let you out?..."

"Let me out? Oh Aleks, I was charged with attempt of murder and kidnapping. I was sentenced to forty years in a correctional facility. Do you really think they'd let me out?"

"Then how exactly did you get out? Bond? Somebody get you out under their care?"

"Wow, you really are that much of a clueless bastard, huh? I escaped you worthless piece of shit." She laughed.

"... How?"

"Well, we jumped the gates of course. The security there is reckless, so it was easy to escape past their sight."