Chapter 10: The kicking you to death protagonist!

Hey guys!
Sorry for not updating for so long. I had gone to another state for college purposes and also had an exam. Seriously, sorry.
Oh and the above song, is just a reference in the above chapter, not the chapter playlist.😅😅

Jasmine's POV -

I must say it's been so long, since I came to my university campus. I smile as I pass through rows of lockers. The familiar blue lockers combined with a few wandering students makes me realize the contrast in the atmosphere.

On any ordinary university day, the campus would be buzzing with students rushing towards their classes. I sigh as a sudden nostalgia hits me. Within a few months I'll be leaving the university, I mean the whole batch of 2017 would be graduating.

As I continue to move forward, I spot a young couple shouting at each other. Why does all the drama happens near lockers? That's a real mystery. Sighing, I try to quickly pass them, not really wanting to be a part of the scene they were creating.

But as usual Lady Luck is never on my side. So, my phone suddenly starts blaring.

"My heart is racin', can't stop this feelin'
My ground is shakin'
Oh-oh-oh-ooh
I wanna let go, go crazy
Dance on the ceilin'
My world is waitin'
Oh-oh-oh-ooh.

Don't wanna stop
Give up
I want it all
Cause I just can't have enough
Keep up
We wanna show the world that
There's just no stopping us
No one can hold us back, we're gonna break the rules
Don't hold us back, we're gonna light the fuse in us

I'm livin' on the wildside, wildside
No tellin' what I might find, might find
Not stoppin' cause it feels right, feels right
I'm living on the
(Oh-oh-oh-oh-ooh)
(Oh-oh-oh-oh)
On the wildside, wildside
So ready, now it's my time, my time
Not stoppin' cause it feels right, feels right--"

(A/N - That's our song folk!)

I quickly pick up my phone as the whole crowd that had gathered around the fighting couple stares at me and even the fighting couple is throwing daggers at me.

"Hey Jazz! What took you ages to pick up your phone?" Al asks as I quicken my pace and breathe a sigh of relief after finally passing through the glaring crowd.

"Why do you always set weird ringtones on my phone? Scratch that, why do you even play with my phone?"

"Because that's number one rule in 'How to annoy your best friend while not being physically present'," Al replies while chuckling.

"I'll have to kill the author of this book," I mumble to myself as I clutch my folder tightly.

"I would have assisted you in your slaughter, but considering that I may end up being the author, I rather not," Al says as I take a left and continue to move down the hallway.

Don't protagonists usually get abducted in these kind of empty hallways? Or better killed.

Thanks a lot for putting the idea in my mind.

I personally think killing the victim right away is better. Like why wait to hear them throw a tantrum.

Okay, seriously, shut up. God! Al is rubbing off on you.

"Where are you lost? Better question where are you?" Al asks, a note of irritation and worry hinted her voice.

"I am at UCSD--"

"For God sake Jazz! It's our trimester break. Get your butt off the university campus. Why are you even there?"

"I would have told you, if you had not so gracefully cut me off."