Chapter 16 - Bastard!

Xander's POV -

(A/N - Surprise!!)

"Come on Andy, let's go dice some more vegetables. Seriously, I don't know why you left me, we make a really beautiful couple," Rebecca says, as she wraps her arm against my waist.

God only knows what goes in this girl's mind. While I was distracted with Becy, I hear the sound of someone slamming the door shut. I turn around only to see Cocoa was gone.

"Now, where did she go?" I ask my friends as they all look at me.

Noah glares at Rebecca, Josh scoffs at me and Sandra rolls her eyes at me. What did I do, again?

"Recap - Your girlfriend came here to ask for you. Rebecca introduced herself as your ex, did quite some show of affection and probably made her jealous. Also, she took Oreo out on a walk," Sam says in a bored voice as he goes back on setting up the barbeque.

"You did what?" I ask, Rebecca as she smirks at me.

"I was just testing your girlfriend," Becy says cooly, as she goes back to dicing the vegetables.

"She is not my girlfriend and seriously Rebecca you didn't need to push her buttons," I say as I shake my head and start to pace around my backyard.

"If she's not your girlfriend, then can I go for her? I mean she's actually beautiful. I won't mind dating her--"

"She's not a toy, Noah and just because I am not dating her doesn't mean you get to talk of her as an object. Co-Jasmine can date whoever she wants. But she's not one of your play toys," I say as I glare at my friend.

I know Cocoa and me might not be that close, but that doesn't mean I'll let her fall into Noah's hands. I love my friends but Noah has a serious issue with commitment and I don't even want to think about choosing between him and Cocoa.

"Wow, you only know her for like two weeks, but you are already choosing her," Rebecca comments.

"I am going to date whoever I want. If I like Jasmine then I will ask her out," Noah replies, his eyes silently challenging me.

"You know I won't let that happen," I say gritting my teeth.

"Then just man up and accept your feelings. You are not even her boyfriend and yet you are so protective of her. Unlike me, not every guy that likes her would stop just cause you told me to, bro," Noah replies as he throws a carrot towards me. I catch it just in time before it hit my head.

"I don't like like her, I am just a friend," I reply, throwing back the carrot towards him, which he successfully catches.

"Oh really? Well, I guess you both are same - insanely ignorant," Noah replies, throwing back the carrot to me.

"What--"

"STOP PLAYING WITH FOOD!!" Rebbeca says as she snatches the carrot from my hands.

"You two are not children, if you have issues talk it out--" Rebecca's words are cut off midway by someone's phone's ringtone.

We all check our phone, everyone shakes their head in denial, just then Rebecca traces the source and brings out a phone from the nearby bush. I instantly recognize it.

"That's Jasmine's phone," I reply as I take a step forward to grab it from Rebecca's hands, but she takes a step back.

I glare at her, then at Jazz's phone, that now sports a long crack on it's screen. She is going to have a fit when she sees it. At least it's not bad enough to be unrepairable.