4. Meeting them

Ok so this is right after last chapter, I just needed to split it up into two. The video above is just how badass I want you to picture this girl. Love you all!
Enjoy!

KATIE POV
Chad grabbed the front of my shirt and cocked his arm back to punch, I flinched expecting the impact. But it never came. Instead a group of shirtless buff guys came out from the woods, they were all tall, tan, had wicked looking tattoos, and were, yes, attractive. All of Chads friends stopped and looked ready to wet themselves. The biggest one who looked like the leader stepped up and said "Is there a problem here?" Never to be deterred, Chad pushed me away, walked up and said "Yeah there is, you interrupted a very romantic moment for me and my girlfriend" that's it. I'm done with this bullshit. I stormed up to him and with my good arm tapped him on the shoulder saying "Oh sweetie" in a fake voice. Just as he turned, I planted my foot, poured every ounce of my strength into this and just punched to shit out of him. Some of the shirtless guys laughed and gave me appraising looks. Chad look furious and charged at me, but the leader (the one who spoke earlier)  grabbed him and pulled him off me, then said "Leave her alone,get your guys and go" I looked back and said "Don't forget the scraps of your ego and dignity, I think they might be back there on the forest floor, along with unconscious friends of yours." One of his friends rushed me and I landed a swift kick to his stomach.

Finally they turned and ran. With them leaving, so did my adrenaline. My head and arm hurt enough that I had to stifle a whimper. Even so a small noise came out of me. I turned to face the strange guys, still shirtless I might add. "Thanks for the help, I'm Katie, who are you guys?" Then the leader guy stepped up and said "I'm Sam, we live on the Rez." I went to shake his hand, his hand was really warm and strong. The next one was tough looking and he introduced himself as Paul. The next three had kind faces, but there eyes glimmered with mischief. They were Jared, Embry, and Quil. The last one was staring at me with a dazed look, his eyes were glazed, even still he was strong, tall, but had warm, kind brown eyes and short dark hair. I smiled at him and said "um..hi...I'm Katie, and you are?" That seemed to snap him out of his daze, he spoke "oh yeah, I'm Jacob, you can call me Jake" "nice to meet you Jake" I replied. I reached out to shake his hand, but the movement jarred my other arm, making me wince and a broken noise escape me. Jacob looked to me with concern. His attention snagged on my shoulder and my bloodied face saying "What happened? Are you okay?" I swayed, me head spinning from the blood loss and the pain in my arm. Jacob lunged forward to steady me, his hands gentle but steady and warm as he held my torso and back upright. I managed to grunt out "Shoulder dislocated. Pop it back in." Sam walked up and said "I can do it. Jacob hold her." He looked at me saying "this is going to hurt. A lot." I snapped back "Really? Thanks for the clarification, I thought it would feel like rainbows and butterflies" he looked shocked, thought some of the boys laughed and I regretted the words "I'm sorry, I get sarcastic in bad situations" Jacobs chuckle rumbled through me as his hands tightened around me. Sam grinned and said "On three. One" I grit my teeth and brace myself. "Two"— the loud crack of my shoulder being relocated interrupted his counting. I yelled out a curse, reflex and anger had me punching Sams arm yelling "what the hell happened to three?" The other boys, Paul, Embry, Quil, and Jared laughed loudly at this. I pushed off Jake facing all of them fully, my green eyes clear from the majority of the pain now. I said "thanks again for the help, I'm new here, could you point me in the direction of the Swans house?" Jacob stepped closer to me and asked curiously "You know Bella and Charlie?" I gave him one of my famous smiles "Yeah Bella is my cousin, I'm living with them for the rest of high school." Jared cut in saying "you don't look anything like her. Also, how'd you run into those meatheads?" I told them the story as concisely as possible. When I told them there were eight guys Paul asked where the other four were and I smiled sweetly saying "Oh they're about three miles back, unconscious, but they'll live." Embry cut in saying "Hey let's take her back to Emily's, we can call Bella and Charlie from there." They looked to Sam for confirmation. Oh yeah. He's definitely the leader here. He nodded and asked "that cool with you?" I asked "Who's Emily?" He answered "My wife." But I saw the subtle shift in his face, his features softened and his eyes seemed to glow. Oh yeah, this Sam is a good guy, I trust him. The boys started walking in the direction they appeared from. Jacob hung back to talk to me. "How do you know Bella?" I asked. He answered "We were childhood friends and when she came back, we became friends again." We talked about my hobbies (Sports, reading, music). And when I told him I love to run he smiled and asked about racing. I just laughed a said maybe when my head wasn't bleeding. At this he immediately looked concerned and said "Are you really okay?" "Yeah, my head hurts and my shoulder aches, but I've had worse" Crap, I didn't mean to reveal that. I saw the question in his eyes, but changed the subject before he could voice his question. My eyes snagged on the house in the clearing. It was cleverly hidden, I would have missed it, if the boys hadn't started sprinting to it. I would have as well, if Jacob hadn't clamped a hand on my wrist and said "Don't even think about it, you're injured." I just stuck out my tongue at him and took off. I dodged his outstretched arms and ran to the boys, they were fast, but years of training had me passing them in last 20 meters to the house. I bounded up the steps and touched the door declaring "I win!" The boys came up after me with shock on there faces "What?" I asked. They just shook their heads and walked in. Jacob looked at me sideways and laughed to himself as he walked in, holding the door open for me. A pretty woman walked up, she was graceful and her face would have been flawless if not for the brutal scars that ran down the side of her face. Sam went up and kissed her cheek, saying we brought a friend. The boys parted so she could see me. "Hi...I'm Katie" I said awkwardly. She dropped the plate she was holding and said "Oh honey, what happened to you?" I cringed "I look that bad?" Jared and Embry were already moving to clean up the plate shards as Quil and Paul raided the fridge. Emily said "Can someone grab the first aid kit?" She said to no one in particular, then to me she said, "Come on honey, let's get you cleaned up." As I followed her to the bathroom, I saw Jacob and Sam having a really intense discussion as he grabbed the first aid kit. Emily led me into a small bathroom and I turned to look at myself in the mirror. Oh. No wonder she dropped that plate, I looked like hell. My hair had slipped out of its ponytail and is matted with mud, twigs, and blood. My knuckles are split, bruised and bleeding. But, the worse by far was my face. From the cut on my temple, blood had gushed to cover the entire side and had dropped onto my neck. The other side of my face was bruised and covered in nicks and scratches and mud. Yuck. Emily gently grabbed my face examining my injuries. It had been a while since anyone had looked at me like that, like they cared what happened to me. When she seemed satisfied that I wasn't going to die immediately she handed me a towel and said "Go take a shower, then we'll patch up your cuts when the dirt is gone." I smiled and nodded my thanks. She smiled back warmly and gently pushed me to the shower and left.